DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What colour wrap/ skin is best for making a mavic hard to see?

Fighter jets use light gray, but since almost the entire underside of the Mavic is heat sink there's not a lot you can do to make it harder to see from the ground.

From above, well, that's going to depend on what type of terrain you're flying over!

Look up the word countershading, it's the scheme used by creatures that need camouflage to stop from being eaten by predators. This type of color scheme was used on the bottoms of aircraft during World War II you could use a medium gray on the sides in a pure white on the bottom you would accomplish the effect you're looking for.

transparent [emoji23]. it depends on the environment color, around the drone. hard to choose

Perhaps the cloaking cloth from Harry Potter. Always wanted one of those :)

Just did mine yesterday in Purple/Green Chameleon Carbon fiber. While not invisible it does look pretty cool changing color in the sunlight. Cool to me anyway... Looks mostly blue depending on the light.

IMG_8770.jpg

IMG_8771.jpg

Looks professional, Yelo. Nicely done.
Thank you! Actually the film is rather forgiving so I was able to take my time positioning if several times. Can't have crooked skin! lol

I used to have that kind of patience. I guess the gray will have to do for now! LOL

or "color" for you Americans :D
I suggest the cupboard color, just hide it in the cupboard and... It will be extremely hard to see...
Second options fly high...
To be serious: is no answer to that question, just depend of the background (and as long the MP is in a visible distance)... Yes, I know, the background must be the sky, but not always and the sky itself is many colorations...
And also "hard to see" from where ?.. If the mavic is at 50 meters high surrounded by skyscrapers, you want it hide from the ground or from the penthouses owners?

^^^ indeed i'm much more in scann search of the sky thinking ''where is my Mavic" than in the opposite situation where i'm worried about people noticing its presence.

My experience (especially in noisy urban environment) is that above 10 meters high, the MAVIC already start to look like a bird flying for most people...unless it's directly above their head

and above 20 meters high, it's already not really much noticeable from ground

Many years ago I monokoted a 10 foot wingspan glider in Chrome, thinking that should be really easy to see.
WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It became remarkably hard to see which surprised me and all my flying buddies too.
So try a chrome skin and let us know.

Reactions: thefrisbee995
Many years ago I monokoted a 10 foot wingspan glider in Chrome, thinking that should be really easy to see.
WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It became remarkably hard to see which surprised me and all my flying buddies too.
I was going to say a reflective style though it might flash in the sun.
Against the sky camouflage won't do much.

Reactions: ccoltmanm
WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damned good idea as the chrome will reflect the surroundings.

Reactions: ccoltmanm
Hi mavic pilots,

Im searching for a skin like yelobird in this topic. A carbon colourchanging skin.
How can i get/find one?
I cant find those colour changing ones.

Kind regards, a new happy mavic owner

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi