DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what could cause this brightness issue?

G Randy Brown

Reactions
I have a friend considering buying a Mini2 and I let him try my MA2 today.
Not that it would make a difference but I use a VND with the flat profile and at the time was shooting auto -3.
What could cause this kind of craziness?

Not that it would make a difference but I use a VND with the flat profile and at the time was shooting auto -3.
Are you saying the video you normally shoot with this filter and settings was overly bright or overly dim compared to the times you used the same settings and filter?

Are you saying the video you normally shoot with this filter and settings was overly bright or overly dim compared to the times you used the same settings and filter?
I prolly shouldn't have even mentioned the VND because I feel sure it would have done the same drastic, immediate change regardless of any filter put on it.
It seems to be a software issue as opposed to a hardware thing, no?

I have had that happen, but typically does it in AUTO and I'm going from a darker landscape to a much brighter one and the camera kind of flips out. I run a 16ND most all the time and it has nothing to do with the ND.

Maybe a much slower pan would help to allow the sensor to not overreact to a drastic light change.

I have had that happen, but typically does it in AUTO and I'm going from a darker landscape to a much brighter one and the camera kind of flips out. I run a 16ND most all the time and it has nothing to do with the ND.

Maybe a much slower pan would help to allow the sensor to not overreact to a drastic light change.
but it wasn't panning when it happened it was hovering .
Fortunately it was just footage from letting my friend fly.
Hopefully refreshing the app helps.

Reactions: tlswift58
My guess is the auto exposure setting selected is the cause. I've seen similar shifts in lighting on videos recorded in the auto setting. I would suggest try shooting the same area in manual mode to see whether or not you'll experience the same thing. If not, there's your answer. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet