DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Device for Mini 2?

Google pixel 4a 5G, using the original google cable that came with the phone to connect to the controller. I was having video transmission lag issues using the dji cable. Iphone 8 also works properly.

Good morning world. From the Chilly UK. Ok. A lot of you have read and advised me about not being able to connect my device to the DJI Mini 2.
I've tried two brand new Mini 2's. And finally gave up. And went back to my 18-month-old Mini 1. I've tried everything you all suggest. Nothing worked(For me at least). I've waited 3 months since having that problem. But now, I'm about to try the DJI Mini 2 again. Keep your fingers crossed for me. Ok. One easy question for whoever wants to answer. And this question only applies to the DJI Mini 2. Simple answer required. "What device has worked ok for you with you DJI Mavic Mini 2"? I don't use I phones.
As I'm an android guy. Please add your answer. As I'm running out of ideas.
Thanks. Dave In the UK.
I've used Huawei phones for last few years. P30 Pro and P20 Pro. They are on the official list and work well. My P20 pro is used exclusively for my Mini 2 and works like a dream. The screen brightness is excellent too. You can probably pick one up quite cheaply now 2nd hand.

Yes, I totally agree with you. It's been blamed on the connection lead. I bought three very expensive leads. None worked. Piots have mentioned that the socket on my particular phone (A Wileyfox 2x) does have a socket set rather deep into the phone. Making it a poor connection. But as I mentioned in my original thread last year. I was able to see the gimbal going up and down, by rolling the button on the controller. But no picture. All the time it was saying in red on the controller "Aircraft not connected" But It was connected. As I asked...What device are you using, please?
Dave.
I use a S20 ultra (Samsung)

Expecting delivery of my Mini 2 on Tuesday. I'm hoping the Samsung Galaxy Tab A I ordered will work with it. Saw it on a list of confirmed devices...
I was looking at that too - but reading some of the comments about it on Phantomhelp.com it seems that video is an issue with the 8" version.
Apparently it can take up to 30 seconds to for the video to appear on the tablet, and then can be very jerky and laggy - one user reported that by the time the screen showed an approaching obstacle his drone had already hit it.
Some have reported that updating to Android 10 has helped, but I think the real problem is the lack of RAM the device has.

I have finally found, or been recommended, a USB C to USB micro cable which works with mu Galaxy Tab A, after 3 abortive attempts. I can send a link if you like?

I was looking at that too - but reading some of the comments about it on Phantomhelp.com it seems that video is an issue with the 8" version.
Apparently it can take up to 30 seconds to for the video to appear on the tablet, and then can be very jerky and laggy - one user reported that by the time the screen showed an approaching obstacle his drone had already hit it.
Some have reported that updating to Android 10 has helped, but I think the real problem is the lack of RAM the device has.

Thanks for your input on this. The Tab A is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday. If I experience those issues, at least I have 90 days to return it...

I would appreciate the link, thanks...
Hi
member Teccer sent me this e bay item number 233681029945. It came boxed from Amazon as a "Basics" product , anyways, it works just fine. The manufacturer of on of the cables I sent back suggested there may be a directionality issue with data transmission . Good luck.

Reactions: 70Falcon
I'm brand new to drones and bought the Mini 2 last Friday, right after buying the Samsung Galaxy A52 5G. and was up and flying Saturday morning (and every day since). The 800 nits Samsung Galaxy A52 5G so far has worked flawlessly. Maybe an uninstall and re-install would help?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929