DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What display do you use with your remote controller when fly your Mavic

Wha
Absolutely love flying with my iPad Mini 4. Great performance. Reliable. And the perfect size.

Have you heard of anyone having any issues with the new IPhoneXR??
Processor
  • A12 Bionic Chip

California residents: See the�California Proposition 65�WARNING

specs-image-Apple-iPhoneXr-Red.jpg

I just bought a Mavic Pro about a month ado or so! I want to buy a Ipad mini 4 so I CAN SEE the maps and the screen a lot better then using my old Iphone 5S.
I have t-mobile service as well. does anyone fly with a IPAD mini and if you do fly with one, how do you have yours hooked up. Do I need to but one with just WIFI and GSM or what?
Would love to hear your thoughts on which Ipad min I should go with? Would it be ok to buy something like what I have in if you click this link?
Apple iPad 4th Gen Retina Display 16GB, Wi-Fi 9.7in Black Unlocked | eBay

All the best and SAFE FLYING!
I use android Galaxy Tab A 8 in. Only weighs .5 lbs....perfect. Bought on ebay for $65.

Reactions: FLPilotshark
I use iPhone 7plus. When in sun it does dim the screen a little after a while (of the heat) but it is solid!! I cut my RC's rubbers a bit that are in the handles to accommodate my iPhone with it's cover on

I tried using my little boy’s Huawei MediaPad M3 8 Lite and a tablet mount and it worked great.

Good size - not too big but way better than using my phone. Was rock steady with Go4 and I put about an hour on it with my MA. Nice bright IPS screen, well made and 4gb of memory so for a budget Android slab very well specified.

Going to see how bulky and cumbersome it feels with my iPad Pro 10.5” as well but given I am keen on having a dedicated tablet for flying (so I can keep all the crud off) and given the pricing of what’s out there the Huawei is tempting.

Well, I have never updated anything, AC is still on .400 from the unboxing over a year and a half ago.
Never updated the batteries, controller, or even the Go4 app.

I archived the Go 4 app/.apk, so I will always have it if I need to reinstall it if I have to wipe the tabby.

And a good data cable from the bottom of the controller to the tabby, a data cable, not a charging cable (they are not created equal)

All wifi is off (I decide when the Mavic "phones home", if at all), and the onl;y thing I loaded onto the tablet other than my old Go4 .apk was Netflix. that's it.

I will try when I get home to map what versions I am on for all the bits and let you know...

If you get an iPad with GPS, which means it is cell capable, you might need to install a SIM to keep it from complaining, but the SIM doesn't have to have service.

I tried using my little boy’s Huawei MediaPad M3 8 Lite and a tablet mount and it worked great.

Good size - not too big but way better than using my phone. Was rock steady with Go4 and I put about an hour on it with my MA. Nice bright IPS screen, well made and 4gb of memory so for a budget Android slab very well specified.

Going to see how bulky and cumbersome it feels with my iPad Pro 10.5” as well but given I am keen on having a dedicated tablet for flying (so I can keep all the crud off) and given the pricing of what’s out there the Huawei is tempting.

Thanks for the feedback, I've been going through the Huawei devices as I'm toying with an Honor 8x Max but it has the slower Snapdragon 636 processor while all the recommended Huawei devices on the DJI list have the more powerful Kirin 960/970 devices. However that tablet you've mentioned has a lower Snapdragon 400 series so if that works fine then i think the one I'm looking at will too, the Mavic 2 seems to work fine with my Galaxy Note 4 which has an old Snapdragon 805 series chipset.

I've been trying to find user experience with the Honor 8X Max or the near identical Xiaom Mi Max 3 but both seem too new for that. Then again I'm possibly getting too hung up on using the controller arms and should try a tablet holder.

John

How do you use tab A everywhere I've read not powerfull enough I get lot of shearing even after removing everything in it.

I have the Tab A 10.1" 2016 model w/ 2gb RAM.

Not sure what version of the GO4 app I'm on, It's an older version that has been stable since I powered up the Mavic.

You can try earlier version of the Go4 App here:
DJI GO 4 update version history for Android - APK Download

I know I was going to give my frimware and app "levels" but I went home yesterday to water dripping in my livingroom, and a toilet that the kid messed up! Give me a day or so, and or give me a PM to remind/nag me.

iPad 9.7” 6th gen wifi with Garmin GLO gps receiver, mavmount3.0, and hoodman aviator combo. I’m out there Jerry.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jtlesn