DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What do you set your UAV Forecast gusts at?

I set mine around 17m/s - I don’t know if it only happens in Australia but UAV always overstates the wind by about double. I have compared readings at our Bureau of Metearolgy stations and the Airdata logs. And they are always way under.

This drone handles 10m/s (22.3mph - specified limit in the manual) easily. I’d be confident with it at more, but I don’t really fly much when the wind is up around there anyway as it’s too windy for me to enjoy it personally. Guess my own limits are less then that of the MA2. But if I have a flight I really want to do I’d confidently fly it at that limit.

Anything over that I would have to have very good reason for the shot. I’d call my absolute max 15m/s gusts and/or 12 m/s wind. That’s double checking my Australian Bureau of meteorology readings.

I don’t know how accurate UAV is in other parts of the world.
Yes, I have found that most "standard" weather apps give you a wind reading at ground level while UAV Forecast gives you the wind at the altitude you set. I have found UAV Forecast to be pretty accurate (going on 4 years of use) but I do not fly when the wind blows my landing pad away or if it blows more than 17 mph. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cryhav0c