DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what do you use your drone for?

Definitely photos and video. And just plain old flying for fun, I enjoy getting it up there.
Same here.. just photo and video mainly. I started using Davinci Resolve to put together and edit videos. The videos come out looking awesome after they have been edited. Im still practicing flying my drone and moving the camera in smooth motion so you get those cinematic shots.

Anyone own a Phantom 4 pro? is it worth getting?

I grabbed hitfilm express which seems to be a pretty decently featured video editor for free..

Sorry for the thread hijack. This is my last post on the topic of Android issues. Found this post from Bin4ry, think it's time to stop spinning my wheels, and change phones. Have a great day everyone.

"nope. old app is problematic on oreo and new app is not not modable currently. workaround: get a cheap nougat phone/device dedicated to flying"

Hi Folks:
Noobie here so apologies for any errors.

Hope this lightens things up a bit? We bought our Mavic Air simply out of boredom, plus a longtime fascination with 'Flying'.

Two weeks in, we figured out something which will become a 'High Value' usage for us. We have a 900', uphill from the house driveway, to our Mailbox... see where this is going?

We are 75 yrs young, but badly crippled by Arthritis. In a few days we hope to be flying 'Millie' up the driveway for a look at the red flag on the mailbox - to check whether there's mail in the box.

Another rationale for the $1000 CAD buy: GrandKids!! THIS guarantees them coming to visit Gramps!!~

Rgds, NavMav

Thanks. Even when I end processes, and restart the phone some of the DJI script seems semi-persistent and will be running in the system cache. When using fcc boost for example, I sometimes get the map init error which is a dead giveaway, and watching free ram before, and after I run end end processes for DJI go. The stock software, even with running in background disabled is very sneaky, and shows cellular data usage. When I disable it's network use privileges, it seems to bloat up and die, like roadkill on a warm day...... 4.1.3 offline mod takes care of the the data, but it still seems to bloat, until the ram is used up, then it crawls to a stop, and crashes. Just patched 4.1.14 and will see how that works out today. I have S7 and S9 on android 8. S9 will go slightly longer before crashing due to more ram, but it still eventually fills. Controlling it under battery management makes it easier, but then I often have to restart it manually when it crashes. Phones have been factory reset, all unnecessary apps and processes uninstalled or disabled. It's as close to bare bones android as I can get. I'm not really frustrated by it, looking at it more as a challenge now. Been up since 4am watching DJI Modder live chat on Slack, trying to teach this old dog some new tricks. DJI seems to really REALLY want that flight data sent back to them. I heard it was a concession agreement with various governments, but who knows, certainly not their "cut & paste" customer service reps.

If I ever figure it out, I'll post it on the forum.

I’m running GO 4 on my iPhone 8, and just noticed that the DJI app doesn’t appear on the list of apps for which you can disable background processing. DJI have told me that as long as I don’t sync to the DJI servers, my flight data stays on my phone...
Real shame that iOS doesn’t have a firewall app at the OS level that can flag communications and allow you to block/allow either one time or always.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair