DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What does the new "AR" setting do on the goggles?

Heavysledz

Reactions
As the title states, does anyone know what the "AR auxiliary settings" do? I toggled all three of them and didn't see anything different????

EDIT: I think it stands for "Augmented Reality" and might put POI markers on the display while in a given flight mode to help with orientation.....I need to take it out and mess around with it to confirm but hopefully someone else will have already figured it out and can post their findings....would be nice if DJI explained all of these features since there is no mention of them in the manual....

ScreenCapture_15.jpg ScreenCapture_16.jpg ScreenCapture_17.jpg

Last edited:
I might mention that I think this just appeared with the latest firmware update (v01.03.0900) as I don't recall seeing it there on any of the previous rev's. But nothing mentioned in the release notes....

If it's augmented reality then the only thing that comes to mind is that it Toggles the HUD for each of those flying modes.

Rob

Just showed up in .0900 update with no mention in the release notes. On/off - keeping it interesting.

I wish we had documentation from DJI on this. Just playing with it, the only effect I can see is that if you toggle the setting on for a mode you fly in (I used it with gimbal head tracking), it produces a small bulls-eye style target in the goggle display. This targe indicates which way the front of the Mavic (not necessarily the camera) is pointing relative to your view. Confusing? Probably. Try it, and I think you'll see what I mean.

Officially, not YET.....just like the AR buttons seem to do nothing yet....;)

As you can see from my post above the AR buttons do do something. (the target indicating direction of flight and green arrows pointed out below in fixed wing mode)

Reactions: Mavic 57
As you can see from my post above the AR buttons do do something. (the target indicating direction of flight and green arrows pointed out below in fixed wing mode)

I should hope so....they will be needed for the upcoming AR game for the Spark. ;)

thanks for all of the feedback everyone.....would have been nice if DJI had made mention of this in the release notes.....makes you wonder what else was added/altered without disclosing.

Yup, just need to connect via USB to the controller that nobody has yet.
I've been flying my Spark with googles since day 1. Yes it needs to be connected to the RC

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greg190