DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What elements for a video?

Olav van Gerven

Reactions
I intend to make a video about how I plan, fly and evaluate a litchi-mission. Since some things for me are "common knowledge" I do realize that this is not always the same for other people. So what elements could/would be interesting to put in a video?
I do have four days that I can effectivly fly the mission (if the weather is ok then) but I have plenty of time to prepare and film. For now I think of following steps:

# Where do I want to film and what do I want to have my footage look like when finished
# How do I plan the flight (distances, curves, altitudes actions etc.)
# How do I do a pre-flight check on the plan
# First inspection of the designated area (i.e. do the set altitudes keep me safe, any thing on site that was not visible on a map before etc).
# First flight (parts of)
# Evaluating footage
# Ajdustmend of the plan
# Second filght (parts of)
# Evaluation of new footage
# Editing (separate video?)
# Final result (seprate video?)

Anything else that could be interesting?

I intend to make a video about how I plan, fly and evaluate a litchi-mission. Since some things for me are "common knowledge" I do realize that this is not always the same for other people. So what elements could/would be interesting to put in a video?
I do have four days that I can effectivly fly the mission (if the weather is ok then) but I have plenty of time to prepare and film. For now I think of following steps:

# Where do I want to film and what do I want to have my footage look like when finished
# How do I plan the flight (distances, curves, altitudes actions etc.)
# How do I do a pre-flight check on the plan
# First inspection of the designated area (i.e. do the set altitudes keep me safe, any thing on site that was not visible on a map before etc).
# First flight (parts of)
# Evaluating footage
# Ajdustmend of the plan
# Second filght (parts of)
# Evaluation of new footage
# Editing (separate video?)
# Final result (seprate video?)

Anything else that could be interesting?
Maybe consideration of weather/wind effects on the plan?

Reactions: Olav van Gerven
Keep your shots short. It is pretty to do a long in/out, but flipping between shots, or cutting parts of a long shot out or doing a speed ramp will make it more exciting to watch.

Keep your shots short. It is pretty to do a long in/out, but flipping between shots, or cutting parts of a long shot out or doing a speed ramp will make it more exciting to watch.

I want to make a mix of showing what to do, telling why I decided to do it this way and then show what comes out. Inclusive mistakes I make. I always get frustrated by videos showing how "easy and perfect" things are, not mentioning, that the maker did this thousand times before.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569