DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What exact CMOS sensor is built into DJI Air 2s?

I don't know for sure. I have never seen one at least maybe try omnivision:

Thank you. I clicked "Products" and selected image sensors and then filtered for "pixel size" ... but there is no sensor with 2.4 mu as specified in the DJI Air 2s data sheet. This is supported that they only have one 1" sensor (Product Archive) with 3.45 mu pixel size. So, can we conclude that the sensor in the DJI Air 2s is not a sensor from omnivision?

not sure sorry BUT I have been told a few times and have looked it up at times ( today included ) Hasslelbrad cmos are made by Omnivision thats the only info I have seen I don't know why they don't publish the specs for it. You could for sure be correct but i think I have the right info perhaps E-mail them OR Hasselbrad.? I would like to Know to be 100% myself.

Yes, contacting them might be a good idea :) Though I have a feeling its secret information somehow. Thank you for your feedback!!

The Air 2s uses a Sony 1" sensor, most likely a variant of the IMX 383.

Reactions: rjwmorrell
Does DJI even market the Air2s as having a Hasselblad camera? Even if it does, I also wouldn’t assume that tells us anything. I think it’s a really good chance that DJI uses Sony sensors but who really knows.

Thank you. The IMX 383 makes sense. The actual size of the chip is larger than what the Air 2s image EXIF info is stating and it seems that DJI opts for the recommended settings. But on closer look its quite confusing and one is left with only an estimated 90% accurate information since some numbers in the data specs do not make sense. Anyway thank you!

Thank you. The IMX 383 makes sense. The actual size of the chip is larger than what the Air 2s image EXIF info is stating and it seems that DJI opts for the recommended settings. But on closer look its quite confusing and one is left with only an estimated 90% accurate information since some numbers in the data specs do not make sense. Anyway thank you!
If you mean the resolution is different in the Exif it might be due to the difference between actual and effective pixels.

The colored bayer pattern can’t effectively resolve the pixels at the very outer edge of the sensor so these pixels don’t become pixels in the resulting image produced by the sensor.

Nothing special. Just a student exercise where they fly, take images, then do some trigonometry measurements and calculations using ImageJ.

Reactions: brett8883
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
estepona