DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What gimble sticks did you choose for an upgrade

@rsuncloud no problem ,grammatically speaking happy to help
i wont be changing my Avatar though to MR GRAMMER ill stick to OMM the whole forum knows who that is ;););)

Reactions: PAW
Wow!!! You guys are a tough crowd.
sorry I asked.

Back in my RC plane days Futaba and JR, even my Multiplex transmitter had sticks that were adjustable in length and aftermarket options for those who wanted longer sticks for smoother moves. I was just curious about what options are available for DJI.

I will think twice or a third time before I ask for any more options around here.
Don't let the loud mouthed rude schmucks put you off. People will say things on a forum post that they would NEVER say to your face. Unfortunately rudeness and spiteful comments seem to have supplanted kindness and pleasant discourse in too many aspects of life. The only thing to do is ignore/block the trolls and ignoramuses and eventually you will only have kind and pleasant people in your inbox. Also, thanks for the question. I had no idea such a thing was available and I believe I will get a pair of gimble sticks, or joysticks, or fiddle sticks - whatever their name :)

Reactions: rsuncloud
Don't let the loud mouthed rude schmucks put you off. People will say things on a forum post that they would NEVER say to your face. Unfortunately rudeness and spiteful comments seem to have supplanted kindness and pleasant discourse in too many aspects of life. The only thing to do is ignore/block the trolls and ignoramuses and eventually you will only have kind and pleasant people in your inbox. Also, thanks for the question. I had no idea such a thing was available and I believe I will get a pair of gimble sticks, or joysticks, or fiddle sticks - whatever their name :)

There's a valid reason for using the right terminology. It's not nit picking or know-it-all-ism.

This forum's archive is a valuable resource, but its value is diminished if users can't search for information using key words. If someone is interested in "control stick" discussions (the most common terminology), they're not going to find "gimbal sticks."

Spelling counts, too. Someone looking for "gimbal" won't find a discussion on "gimbles."

There's no need for childish name calling and short fuses.

The OP uses the correct expression...

Gimbal: a device that permits a body to incline freely in any direction or suspends it so that it will remain level when its support is tipped.

View attachment 162224

I'm using the Polar Pro extension sticks for my Mavic Air... discontinued now I'm afraid.

View attachment 162225
To get *really* technical, joysticks are a gimbal unto themselves.

Reactions: Rchawks
I have a pair of red ones on my air2s I bought on Amazon. I believe the brand is sunnylife who makes all sorts of random accessories.

As someone that likes a bit of color make my gear stand out especially at meetups or flying with others I wish someone made standard sticks in different colors that are the same size as the oem ones.
View attachment 162231
I got red ones for the simple reason if you drop them it's much easier to find.
Silver tends to blend into too many things.

I bought a bight red pair so I can see them easily. I would like to find some very short ones. BOO to the know it alls

never before in the world of RC ,has so much been made ,of so little

The gimbal is what holds and keeps the camera steady.
There are no gimbal sticks.
You mean joysticks or control sticks.
You are wrong my friend. Gimbals and gimbal sticks is name which has been used for many years (well before drones existed and proliferated in their current form) for describing the movement mechanism in RC radios to which the 2 main control sticks are attached.
Gimbal word is of course also used for describing a stabilizing systems for cameras such as 2D gimbal or 3D gimbal or 4D gimbal with Z arm.

You are wrong my friend. Gimbals and gimbal sticks is name which has been used for many years (well before drones existed and proliferated in their current form) for describing the movement mechanism in RC radios to which the 2 main control sticks are attached.
That may be, but this thread is the first ever on any of the DJI pilots forums to have used the expression in over 8 years.

I received a backup pair today, for, just in case. I know what's it's like to lose a cable in the field so I wanted to make sure I had a extra set. I also purchased anchor bolts on the cheap (without the strap) to use with my M3P transmitter. My wife had a strap to a iphone case that's a perfect fit.
BTW I'm also one of those from the RC days ;). Many many years. Love flying.

That may be, but this thread is the first ever on any of the DJI pilots forums to have used the expression in over 8 years.
Even if that was true it does not change anything on the fact that gimbal sticks do exist and it is the right term to use when talking about radio controllers. No need to get defensive. Every day we learn something new is a good day😉

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 inch pistons
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911