DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happened here? Got 'aircraft disconnected' and loss of video signal; need help with logs

daddioJP

Reactions
I'd appreciate any insights to some issues I had recently flying my M2P. During 3 of my 5 flights, I lost the video feed and got an 'aircraft disconnected' message. I could still control the drone, but I'm not sure why this happened. I uploaded all 3 problematic flight logs and besides seeing the messages where the drone reconnected, I can't determined what happened and why. I'd appreciate any feedback.

-- The most problematic of the three flights: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com
-- The only significant difference between the 3 flights with issues and the 2 without is I used my iPad with the 3 problematic flights, and my iPhone with the 2 good flights.
-- I've flown in this area before without issues
-- Also, here's the flight data as seen in AirData:
M2P_Flight-2020.01.08-5.17pm.png

Just want to understand what happened here and avoid it in the future if possible. Thanks for any suggestions!

Did you by chance try another cord ?

Reactions: Skyflyer129
Did you by chance try another cord ?
@dirkclod - I did switch cords when I switched devices - used a longer cord that plugs into the rectangular USB slot on the bottom of the controller for the iPad, and for the iPhone, the short 3" cord that comes with the controller and plugs into the small slot on the upper left of the controller. Hmmmm... I guess that could have something to do with it, but I've never had an issue with the cords before.

Anything in the logs that jumps out otherwise?

I have had cords go bad and just changed it out and fixed
the issue you described. I don’t read logs but from what you
said that was the first thing I thought of. I always carry several in my case.

Reactions: Fred Garvin
I’ve had DJI Go 4 app crash a half a dozen times mid flight. I calmly rebooted the app and everything was fine. I’m glad I had hundreds of flights under my belt before the first crash otherwise I might have needed new underwear, no ****

Another thought (that might not show up in logs), how about antenna orientation (flat side towards the craft, not the point)?
@Not A Speck Of Cereal - I thought about that since I wasn't flying very far from the Home point where I was located. I usually keep the antenna at about a 45-degree angle but perhaps because the drone was mostly within 100 feet from me horizontally, the antenna orientation came into play. Next time I fly, I'll experiment with that.

I’ve had DJI Go 4 app crash a half a dozen times mid flight. I calmly rebooted the app and everything was fine. I’m glad I had hundreds of flights under my belt before the first crash otherwise I might have needed new underwear, no ****
Yep, I would have too! In this case the app didn't crash, and once the drone got within 50 feet or so of my controller, it reconnected.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tore Korsnes