DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happened to my video? Very jerky when I pan on youtube.

serpa4

Reactions
Any tips or ideas on why my video looks so bad when I pan? I shot in 4k at 24fps. I edited it using Vegas Pro 15 edit version. It came out at 4 k at 23.97 fps. I uploaded and walked away to work today, so I have to rewatch the video on my PC vice youtube at work. I don't "think" it was that bad on the original file.
Is this a frame rate panning too fast or is it a frame rate conversion issue?
Any advice is welcome.
It happens throughout the video, but for a good example, see 2:03.

a, don't shoot in 24p..
b, looks like the your editing workflow somehow messed up and you're getting a lot of frame interpolation - basically when you pause the video you can see two frames at the same time superimposed.
c, if you want to get fancy, get an ND16 or 32, you're in AZ, it's pretty much always sunny here so that should help you knock the shutter speed down and smooth things out a little bit..

Shoot in 30p, edit/export in the SAME exact fps.. and while you're at editing, throw out 80% of what you shot and just keep the good stuff ;)

Looks OK here, just like 24p should - you don't shoot 24p if you're not precisely looking for that effect.

I'm not looking for any effects, just clear video. Guess I'll try 30 or more FPS (96?) at 1080p next time.
I do see what your are saying Plawa, I also see two frames of data when I pause the video! Something ain't right.

.. and while you're at editing, throw out 80% of what you shot and just keep the good stuff

Ya, this was two camping trips worth of data. I had an hours worth if not more. I tried to cut it down. Most my videos are about 4 or less minutes. This one got away with being too long, but didn't want to throw out the nice scenes, even if a bit boring.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb