DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

what happened with pano?

jason38

Reactions
Hi guys!

I tried for the first time the pano mode last week. I shot a horizontal , vertical and 360° panos
I came back home and wanted to edit it (with DJI Media Maker) to have a picture of it.

I'm interested about making mostly some horizontal and vertical panos , 360°panos seems useless for me...

So I edited all pics my mavic took for each pano, and , as you can see on that picture, there is like a horizontal demarcation line in the sky... I watched some panos taken from other mavic pilots, and it looks great and smooth!
Oh, and I'm stupid , I deleted the vertical pano folder from the SD card before download it on my PC....

Unfortunately, it's raining since this day, so I'm not able to try again!! :(

When I take a look at all the pictures taken to do this pano, there is no picture showing only that clear blue sky you can see on the top of the photo... I mean I can see ground on each pic.

maybe somebody already had this kind of problem with pano mode or DJI Media Maker?
By the way, is the "Timelapse" option in DJI Media Maker working well ?

Thank you!

Attachments

• 100_0001_20180114182130.jpg
    7.6 MB · Views: 58
There is a setting that allows the camera and gimbal to tilt upwards vertically by up to 30 degrees that needs to be turned on to allow the camera to tilt upwards. I am betting that you have this setting off within the DJIGO 4 app.

If you indeed tilt the camera a full 30 degree's skyward you will see props in your image capture. So the max I ever tilt my camera is 15 degree's. Still the setting needs to be enabled to allow one to tilt the camera further upwards.

Reactions: Colberado
There is a setting that allows the camera and gimbal to tilt upwards vertically by up to 30 degrees that needs to be turned on to allow the camera to tilt upwards. I am betting that you have this setting off within the DJIGO 4 app.

If you indeed tilt the camera a full 30 degree's skyward you will see props in your image capture. So the max I ever tilt my camera is 15 degree's. Still the setting needs to be enabled to allow one to tilt the camera further upwards.

Yep, the gimabl 30° tilt up is set ... The gimbal looks upward.

For your info, I tried again to edit the same folder (where all pictures shot for the pano are) with DJI Media Maker , and I didnt get the same résults... I tried each setting in the DJI MM app, but all it can do , is the same picture, but WITHOUT the upper part (blue sky)... But the image ratio is changed: its a very "flat and long" image, not like a 16:9 format... Like you cutted the image along the demarcation line....

Then it sounds like the upper pictures were missed during the automated panorama and thus cannot be stitched as they do not exist. Perhaps try another pano and see if you have the same results.

I use Hangar360 on an IOS device and the nice thing is that if any of the pictures cannot be captured then the program notifies you and asks if you want to try again.

Yes, Im waiting for good conditions to fly... Since a week its really bad... Hard rain, snow, and when its a little bit sunny, wind comes over here...
For sure I'll try again when weather will be OK...

I use an Android device so I cant try this app... :/

I'll let you know about the next tries!! ;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bsplum