DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happens if I press the symbol down arrow with H sign

mavicmaestro

Reactions
Hi
If I press the symbol on the controller down arrow with H sign will it automatically land or will it shoot 15m in the air and return to Rth
I’m flying indoors
I want no crashing in the ceiling

Many thanks

K

Hi
If I press the symbol on the controller down arrow with H sign will it automatically land or will it shoot 15m in the air and return to Rth
I’m flying indoors

Many thanks

K

It's a RTH button, so it'll behave however you set the return to home function in the app setting (which can be changed from return-to-home, to hover, to descend).

If it's set for return to home, it'll ascend to your RTH height (whatever you set at the start of the flight), if it's higher than that, it will not descend, it'll just head straight towards home.

So for your indoor flying purposes I would recommend you set it to hover, especially since you're going to be right in that proximity. Because RTH has an obviously undesired behavior being indoor, and descend might land into something (or clip the edge of something).

With hover you can least attempt to hand land it (may want to read up on that, the downward facing sensors when approached the wrong way will cause the drone to jump upward).

It's a RTH button, so it'll behave however you set the return to home function in the app setting (which can be changed from return-to-home, to hover, to descend).
You are confused and probably confusing the person asking the question.
There is no way to set RTH actions
You can set Loss of Signal options and that's a completely different thing.
The RTH button initiates the RTH procedure and will only bring the drone home.
It won't do the things you've suggested.

Yes will land, again in your manual ;) You should do yourself a favor and read through this at least twice before attempting your first flight. It will help you understand how to set features and understand functions..less you just toss your money away or hurt someone ;) https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/DJI_Mini_2/DJI_Mini_2_User_Manual+EN.pdf
That’s just silly. I fully agree that people should read the manual, and that the answer to the OPs question is in there. But your suggestion to read it twice before the first flight is pure nonsense.

btw, I admire when members here take the effort to link the manual. Thanks for that.

Reactions: JTZ
Really ??
Yes really. I'm not going to continue this because we both know the truth. People aren't going to read the manual twice before they fly it. That's ludicrous, and discouraging to new flyers. Of course, it's a great idea, and unlike almost ALL people, I am a manual reader. But that's not how the general human race works. You know that.

You drive a car (maybe you've had many). Those are FAR more dangerous than our little plastic drones. Did did you read the manual twice before you drove it?

Yes really. I'm not going to continue this because we both know the truth. People aren't going to read the manual twice before they fly it. That's ludicrous, and discouraging to new flyers. Of course, it's a great idea, and unlike almost ALL people, I am a manual reader. But that's not how the general human race works. You know that.

You drive a car (maybe you've had many). Those are FAR more dangerous than our little plastic drones. Did did you read the manual twice before you drove it?
Oddly... that's what I did when I got my Mavic Mini in October, which just happened to be my very first drone. But I'm probably the exception, I intend to use the drone commercially eventually like with most equipment I initially get for fun.

Those are FAR more dangerous than our little plastic drones. Did did you read the manual twice before you drove it?
Like most people, I have ridden cars for years and have a good idea how they work.
I've driven many others before too.
But for someone that's never had any experience with a flying machine, taking it into the air without reading the manual would be asking for a sorry outcome.

Reactions: John Locke
Uuuuum folks did anyone notice "I’m flying indoors" & "I want no crashing in the ceiling"? Surely indoors it is unlikely to have a GPS lock and therefore no home point, no ability to measure distance from the home point and no ability to RTH?

From the p15 of the manual
"The aircraft cannot return to the Home Point if the GPS signal is weak or unavailable. If the GPS signal becomes weak or unavailable after RTH is triggered, the aircraft will hover in place for a while before landing."

I have just tried this, indoors no GPS, with my MM (and it is the down arrow with the H character on the phone screen that I am offered) and it does trigger the automated landing procedure i.e. press and hold the next button that shows up whilst the green boundary is drawn, but the landing site is immediately rejected. Whether the latter is because of its nature or insufficient light I do not know.

Hi
I’m flying indoors
If you are flying indoors, just fly the drone back to you.
Don't use any RTH or autoland buttons.

Like most people, I have ridden cars for years and have a good idea how they work.
I've driven many others before too.
But for someone that's never had any experience with a flying machine, taking it into the air without reading the manual would be asking for a sorry outcome.
OK champ. Before you drove your first car, you read the manual TWICE. Got it.

I don't believe in reading the manual at all until you have some flying time. So there, phfttt. I do think this is the path to better learning and understanding. Imagine reading a book on riding a bicycle before you'd been on one.

Reactions: SpitFire
If you hit return to home when close to you RTH position you will be notified you are too close and can't perform that action.
So RTH won't work if you are within 20 metres or so from your range of position

If you hit return to home when close to you RTH position you will be notified you are too close and can't perform that action.
So RTH won't work if you are within 20 metres or so from your range of position
At the range referenced it will land where it is.

Reactions: zeusfl
Most members of this site are men . Whenever did you see a man read a instruction manual before starting anything be it building a kids bike or a flat pack wardrobe until he had completely screwed it up.? Read it twice before you start ? Yeah Right.

mavicmaestro if your less than 50ft. from the home point it will just land, I know because I tried it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada