DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happens if you reduce the range limit to something less than the drone's current distance?

• Thread starter Deleted member 103366
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 103366

There's an active, at the moment, thread concerning an apparent flyaway by a Mavic 3.
One of the posts in that thread brought to mind something that occurred with my Mavic Mini, I accidentally reduced the MM's maximum height setting to less than the MM's current height. The MM descended to the new limit. I then deliberately reduced the maximum height and the drone again descended to the new height.
The M3 thread made me wonder what would happen if the range limit was reduced to below the drone's current distance? If the drone would move closer to home might this, in some cases, offer a way of bring certain flyaways under some measure of control?

There's an active, at the moment, thread concerning an apparent flyaway by a Mavic 3.
One of the posts in that thread brought to mind something that occurred with my Mavic Mini, I accidentally reduced the MM's maximum height setting to less than the MM's current height. The MM descended to the new limit. I then deliberately reduced the maximum height and the drone again descended to the new height.
The M3 thread made me wonder what would happen if the range limit was reduced to below the drone's current distance? If the drone would move closer to home might this, in some cases, offer a way of bring certain flyaways under some measure of control?
I’m looking forward to hearing what you discover when you test this..

I’m not sure it would have any impact on flyaway as by definition you have little or no control input to the aircraft when it has entered that state.

Part of my pre-flight check is to confirm my limits are acceptable for where I’m flying. Even if I’m flying in a familiar spot I might alter them depending on the visibility conditions at the time. I depend on these limits to keep VLOS as best I can. If I decided I need to change one of them I would land, make the change and then take off.

Personally not willing to tempt fate with my new M3 to find out. 😀

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242