DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What happens when you RTH and your using a Fake GPS.???

LeRoytheBoy

Reactions
Just wondering if I ever happened to use a FAKE GPS location on my phone, what happens when I hit RTH. ???
Does my drone come back to the take off point or does it try to fly to the GPS location. ???

my undeerstanding is that the drone is independent of the phone and will return to where it took off unless you update the home position in flight

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Just wondering if I ever happened to use a FAKE GPS location on my phone, what happens when I hit RTH. ???
Does my drone come back to the take off point or does it try to fly to the GPS location. ???
If you reset your homepoint to the phone's location, it would.
But the phone's location is not used for any flight functions except Follow-me and resetting home.
In normal flying,it's the drone that records its own home point.

The reason for my question is that when I holiday in Bali, Indonesia, the hotel I stay at is 500 meters inside the No-Fly-Zone to the airport.
I see other people flying at the beach across the road from my hotel and I would also like to fly there.
So I intend setting the GPS for 600 meters down the beach, but wonder what would happen.??
Thank you for the previous answers.
I'm not looking for a solution of "Go further down the Beach".
I'd really like to fly just inside the NFZ.

The reason for my question is that when I holiday in Bali, Indonesia, the hotel I stay at is 500 meters inside the No-Fly-Zone to the airport.
I see other people flying at the beach across the road from my hotel and I would also like to fly there.
So I intend setting the GPS for 600 meters down the beach, but wonder what would happen.??

I probably shouldn't say it....but I am going to anyway, that is just stupid.

Walk to beach where it's legal and then fly.

I don’t think fake gps is going to give you the solution you are after

Reactions: Flycaster
I probably shouldn't say it....but I am going to anyway, that is just stupid.

Walk to beach where it's legal and then fly.
As the Drone sets GPS location by reading satellite information I'm a little curious of how you can fake that?

Nothing wil happen because FaceGps does not work. Internet is full with it. If you want good stuff use DJI Fly mod. Only for IOS.

Re
"It's a bit hard when the wife is in a wheelchair.
She likes to participate and is really interested in droning as well.
Ever tried to push a chair in sand.?????"
not being sarcastic or anything but would pulling the wheel chair help in sand. From pushing my Mum around, pushing tends to add weight to the chair whereas pulling might reduce the weight as you are tending to lift it. I am not suggesting it would be a solution for a long stretch of sand but it might work for short stretches. I don't know if sand could get into bearings etc.
I have also seen wheel chairs with wide tyres for soft ground, even balloon tyres, would they have any for hire/use at the beach? If so would they have somewhere secure to store your own chair whilst your wife was in the other one?

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
It's a bit hard when the wife is in a wheelchair.
Ever tried to push a chair in sand.?????
I am sorry to hear that she is in a chair, that truly sucks!
But still is not a legitimate reason to fly in a no fly zone.

Reactions: Aerophile
Re
"It's a bit hard when the wife is in a wheelchair.
Ever tried to push a chair in sand.?????"
not being sarcastic or anything but would pulling the wheel chair help in sand. From pushing my Mum around, pushing tends to add weight to the chair whereas pulling might reduce the weight as you are tending to lift it. I am not suggesting it would be a solution for a long stretch of sand but it might work for short stretches. I don't know if sand could get into bearings etc.
I have also seen wheel chairs with wide tyres for soft ground, even balloon tyres, would they have any for hire/use at the beach? If so would they have somewhere secure to store your own chair whilst your wife was in the other one?

They do pull a lot easier, I have pulled my friend in sand, in her chair. I've taken her to the beach, and on nature trails numerous times.

I've been told by the owner of a Hobby Shop that it's a gimme to work.
Do you have any other idea. ????
What do you mean a “gimme to work”?
Does that mean the hobby shop is saying it will or won’t work?
If he is telling you it will work, he prob needs to learn more about his trade I think.

Airport "No Fly" zones are there for a reason. Is your convenience, wheelchair or not, more important? I think not.

try it and see ! yo can always cancel it, I have tried it and it comes back to me but it resets the map to where I am not in the middle of the US !
To set it up I find I set overhang up activate fake gps open litchi then turn drone on and gps is in Nevada US but if I turn of ap and on again it will revert to my home point
I hope this is useful yes it works

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet