DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is causing this screen problem?

PeteS2017

Reactions
I would be very grateful for any advice here.

My tablet is a Nexus 7 and I have never had any trouble with it. But when I fly my Mavic I get problems. Soon after takeoff a black strip appears across the bottom, then creeps up until the bottom three-quarters is black, then it goes away, then comes back, throughout the flight. For most of the flight, I am trying to fly it with just a strip of the scene across the top. Throughout, the radio signal is really strong.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Sounds like a classic Go 4 update problem. You will probably need to downgrade Go 4 and turn off auto updating on your Nexus to keep it from changing.

Reactions: Flycaster
Sounds like a classic Go 4 update problem. You will probably need to downgrade Go 4 and turn off auto updating on your Nexus to keep it from changing.
Thanks. Any idea of which Go 4 version to roll back to, or do I just go to the one immediately previous to the present one?

Thanks. Any idea of which Go 4 version to roll back to, or do I just go to the one immediately previous to the present one?
It is easier to use Assistant to get the previous version, assuming that it worked for you. I am on 4.1.15 but there are newer versions that work well.

People are having success with version 4.2.16.

OMG YES! I've had the exact same thing! (see pic attached)
And video:
And it did in fact start after I had upgraded the software.
Thank you guys. I will try downgrading as well.

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2018-08-07-22h16m06s739.png
    vlcsnap-2018-08-07-22h16m06s739.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 9
Just make sure you clear all Go4 data/cache from the device after uninstalling the "suspect" version of the app before installing new/test version of the app.

Reactions: Giladwashere
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS