DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is "Enhanced Warning Zone" anyway?

Reactions
Hello

I'm sorry if the question seems obvious, but I can't find what IS an Enhanced Warning Zone. I had read many examples regarding the pop-ups in the GO4 App where you accept the responsibility to fly there, but not knowing what it is or what should I be looking for, scares me regarding "accepting the responsibility".

My worry is that next weekend I'll be backpacking to a rural area in Mexico, but there is a very large Enhanced Warning Zone (100km diameter), so I'd really like to know what to care for before taking off

Thanks!!

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Enhanced Warning Zones. In these Zones, you will be prompted by GEO at the time of flight to unlock the zone using the same steps as in an Authorization Zone, but you do not require a verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight.Example Enhanced Warning Zone: A farm which is 3 miles away from a busy international airport.

DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Enhanced Warning Zones. In these Zones, you will be prompted by GEO at the time of flight to unlock the zone using the same steps as in an Authorization Zone, but you do not require a verified account or an internet connection at the time of your flight.Example Enhanced Warning Zone: A farm which is 3 miles away from a busy international airport.

Thanks Malcx, but that paragraph defines what you are expected to do, but not what the zone is, at least not in a clear way. As I mention, there is a 100km diameted EWZ far from any international airport, and there is nothing marked in red either, so I can't figure out what to "watch out" so to speak. As I can't tell why is that zone marked as EWZ, my next question is try to understand what is a EWZ so I can balance the risk

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121