DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the best place to post video and watch in HD?

marklyn

Reactions
Is there an alternative to youtube where I can post some of my flight videos to share with a few folks that can watch it online in HD? I am having too much trouble with youtube so hoping for another free alternative.

Reactions: GooterFly68
Vimeo is another popular video sharing website.

Yeah, but it looks like the free account has tight upload limits. Even if something had a limit of 5-10 Gb would be good staging area for friends and family to see a video until I'm ready to replace with new videos. Also notice the quality of the video isn't the same. Looking for something that leaves the video in tact and truly looks like HD.

Last edited:
What about a cloud storage system like DropBox, Google Drive, etc?

Getting HD quality video from streaming sites depends on factors, such as the user's internet connection or network congestion. If the speed isn't there, the video server will drop the quality to keep the stream going.

Using a file sharing service lets your viewers download the video and watch it at full-res regardless of their internet connection.

Understand I'm not suggesting you abandon video streaming, but offer the download option as well.

I prefer video streaming and "one click to play" because some of my friends and relatives are just not computer saavy enough to download and have the right app to run, or change settings on the fly for the best resolution, etc. Youtube *used* to have a way to set the default to play at the highest rate, but they took it away. You can still play at HD but you have to always know to change it on each video and most of my people won't remember that and view the video thinking that it's not that good.
Same thing with dropbox/google drive, the quality isn't there when the video is uploaded and rendered automatically.

I second Vimeo. Currently trying it out myself, for unrelated work stuff actually but it seems ideal for aerial videography, too. Some of the best quality drone footages I have seen were on Vimeo.

I did realize that I had to click on the HD icon and change to 4K to see it in 4K resolution, which does look good but I still can't get past the 500Mb weekly limit without paying first.

Is there an alternative to youtube where I can post some of my flight videos to share with a few folks that can watch it online in HD? I am having too much trouble with youtube so hoping for another free alternative.

I would encourage you to check out the AirVuz drone video sharing site: www.airvuz.com. It is totally free and you can upload videos of 4k resolution. AirVuz is now the second highest ranked drone related website on Alexa, second only to dji.com. It is, by far, the largest website dedicated to sharing drone videos (photos too). Full disclosure: I am the founder and CEO of AirVuz.

I agree with Mike that AirVuz is an excellent site for uploading drone videos. The quality of the stuff that is already on there is very good, too -- tons of good international stuff that I watch to learn more. The community is very good, too, as it is a drone-centric group. (I have no connection to the site except an occasional user and frequent viewer.)

I also use my Viimeo (which I just downgraded from Pro to Plus since I don't need the Pro extras anymore) and YouTube accounts, too.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa