DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the diameter of MM, for a landing pad

Drony_Drone

Reactions
Looking at MM the rear leg looks like it almost touches the ground and so I can imagine if landing on grass or gravel, or even a path in case dust etc gets sucked up it’s not ideal.

So what is the diameter of a landing pad needed as there is so many on Amazon. What is the diameter when MM has its legs in flight position please so I can look around.

If so, I would plan to try and fit or clip it to the fly more combo case, if it wouldn’t fit inside, maybe a pocket on side or something? Anyone do this? Do most use a landing pad or just hand launch and catch when landing?

Thanks

No one got a MM can measure what size it would need?

All amazon says is compatible with x,y,z. I’d rather know the size though

Thanks

most of the foldable ones range from 24 inches to 36 inches diameter a 24 inch would be plenty for the MM just measured my minis footprint and the smallest mat would be a 9 inch by 9 inch square or a 12 inch circle

most of the foldable ones range from 24 inches to 36 inches diameter a 24 inch would be plenty for the MM just measured my minis footprint and the smallest mat would be a 9 inch by 9 inch square or a 12 inch circle

Great, so if I can find a 12” diameter that’s enough yes? It’s just I sitting want a massive one so maybe a 12-15” is enough.

Thanks

Reactions: old man mavic
There is smaller ones I’ve found on Amazon. I’d rather have one that just fits, as in small as possible for carrying. What is smallest MM could land on?
There is some error... get one large enough to still be on the pad with at least 12-20” difference from TO. My 24” is spring loaded and folds to a flat 10-11” circle.

There is some error... get one large enough to still be on the pad with at least 12-20” difference from TO. My 24” is spring loaded and folds to a flat 10-11” circle.
i use a 2 ft by 2ft square homemade pad for my MPP and MM and the sizes i quoted were the smallest possible for the MM, but i would not like to have to land on a 9 inch square if it were windy,it's better to have some leeway for landing,

Agree I suppose I just didn’t want a too big one as trying to carry everything together. So if MM minimum is 12” diameter then a 15” onwards be a good minimum.

Just don’t want a too big for portability that’s all. All seem to be 24” onwards.

Reactions: old man mavic
Agree I suppose I just didn’t want a too big one as trying to carry everything together. So if MM minimum is 12” diameter then a 15” onwards be a good minimum.

Just don’t want a too big for portability that’s all. All seem to be 24” onwards.
Here’s mine folded and unfolded. Easy to transport as I often hike into the mountains for flying...
8AE83914-63CA-4292-B246-F4DE54545485.jpeg
D7DA216D-202D-4335-9BF7-66DBE65CBF07.jpeg

The flymore case is big enough to manually land. RTH has several feet margin of error since MM doesn't have precision landing.
You mean you can land on the fly more case?

What do you mean on RTH precision landing? You mean if use RTH it won’t land exactly on home point? But you can cancel RTH once you can see and manually pilot it to land?

Reactions: pelagic_one
You mean you can land on the fly more case?

What do you mean on RTH precision landing? You mean if use RTH it won’t land exactly on home point? But you can cancel RTH once you can see and manually pilot it to land?

Yes and Yes
Yes, as the RTH relies on GPS and has a plus/minus accuracy of a foot or two, you can cancel it as it's landing and manually take over, and yes you can manually land it on the FlyMore case if it's not too windy. Or do a hand land.

Do most use a landing pad or just hand launch and catch when landing?

I have the two foot (0.6m) pad that came with an accessory bundle, but I seldom take it out of the car. Once I learned to hand launch & catch my Mini, it’s all I do nowadays.

i always use a land pad because i am on a anticoagulant so have to be very careful not to cut myself

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe