DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What is the easiest drone to deploy?

TestPilot

Reactions
Guys, I been out of the loop for a while now, and in the meantime, DJI and drone tech has really advanced a whole deal. I was wondering what is the easiest drone to deploy? One of the reasons I did not fly my old DJI Mavic much was because setting up was tedious and I had to lug an iPad around along with the contraption required to fit the iPad into place, etc.

I am thinking of getting an additional small drone that can take good videos/photo and be easy to deploy quickly. That means something that you can get up flying and in the air quick and easy.

Preferably without the need to use any additional contraptions or iPads (I know DJI and Apple have this thing going on since the beginning).

It can be a non DJI drone for that matter. Just not a toy like Tello :)

Such a drone can be so useful to carry around whenever you just need an eye in the sky. For example, when you are on a road trip or need a quick aerial survey of the land or landscape....

They pretty much all fold now.
Like the M1P (not sure what Mavic you had before ?).

The Spark is great (well, was great) but obsolete now.
Still love taking mine out as it's so easy to get in the air, also compact for travel.

If you want something compact, and can leave the props on, I'd say a mini 2 would be about the easiet now, and good bang for buck quality on video and photos.

Without a device though ??
You'll need something to compse photos / viedoegraph, I'm not 100% sure what combined controllers / screens you can get for the mini 2 (eg smart controller type setups), that would make it far faster to get airborne ready to shoot.

When it comes to quick set up we love the Air 2 and the Air 2S with the SC its super clean with no wires , no hassle and works incredibly well with our Extreme Weather Gear.

2022-03-19_00h31_49.png

You can Pick up a Used SC and and Air 2 and your set up nicely with a great little drone that we had a blast with . If you want to Step it up you can than move into the Air 2S and the RC PRO controller . .

Phantnomrain.org
Gear to fly your Air 2 in the Rain. Land onn the Water.

The smallest package you can get today that can act like an "eye in the sky" & can take ok pics is a DJI Air gen1.

If your intention is to have a additional drone just for this purpose nothing will beat this setup in portability. The Air gen1 can be maneuvered without a RC, instead with just your phone (which you most probably have with you anyway). The restrictions that comes with this setup is max 50m distance & 100m height from HP... & of course the WiFi reliability between your phone & drone in the area you fly in. Get a second hand one cheap & pay attention to the batteries & their use/health (they are hard to source nowadays).

This is all you need to carry ...
1647683865018.png

Here's a guy setting it up & testing it... ignore the drone vibration, that has nothing to do with him using only the phone.

Reactions: Noillek and 4006448
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun