DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What Kind of USB Plug?

Toraneko

Reactions
Hi,
Before I take my new Air out and start using it big time, I'd like to ask the community their info.
As you know, DJI gives you an adapter to connect the USB cable to the RC - for me it works fine but the adapter is quite small, and I think it is a matter of when, not if, it gets lost somewhere and then I'm screwed.

Could someone please tell me what specific USB plug goes into the side port of the RC, and can you buy a USB cable on Amazon or Ebay or somewhere with the specific plug to recharge the RC? I'm sure you can get another adapter from DJI, but of course at some higher price.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Could someone please tell me what specific USB plug goes into the side port of the RC
It's a micro USB port. You can connect any micro USB cable to that port to charge the remote controller.

Reactions: Kilrah
Has anyone wondered why the charger for the Mavic Air has a dedicated Micro USB C output cable (built in) that needs to have the Micro USB adapter installed to charge the RC through the Micro USB port. There is only one USB C port and that’s on the Mavic Air itself itself for downloads and uploads but NOT charging. Am I correct in that the port on the aircraft cannot be used to charge the battery?
What am I missing here. Are they going to use this charger, or have they used this charger for another aircraft system?
Seems, the charger should have come with a regular micro USB cable attached.
Originally placed in “Mavic Air” forum. Didn’t know how to move.

Reactions: JonR356
The long cable provided with the charger. The USB to USB C cable. They then give you an adapter to go from USB C to Micro USB to plug into the RC. Why not just provide a USB to micro USB cable? Above post should have been “Mavic Air has a USB C-port. It is not used for charging. A lot of acronyms I know.

Summary: Why did DJI provide a charging cable that needs an adapter to use with the Mavic Air?

I thought the same when I first got my air.

Why do they provide USB A > USB C > Micro USB adapter when USB A > Micro USB would appear to work just as well and be simpler.

Hi,
Before I take my new Air out and start using it big time, I'd like to ask the community their info.
As you know, DJI gives you an adapter to connect the USB cable to the RC - for me it works fine but the adapter is quite small, and I think it is a matter of when, not if, it gets lost somewhere and then I'm screwed.

Could someone please tell me what specific USB plug goes into the side port of the RC, and can you buy a USB cable on Amazon or Ebay or somewhere with the specific plug to recharge the RC? I'm sure you can get another adapter from DJI, but of course at some higher price.

Any info is appreciated. Thanks.
I use Helipal.com for my Mavic Pro parts. They have everything.
The cable from RC to your phone is: DJIMV 03 - RC (STD Micro USB Cable.
I keep a few of them just in case.

There's a lot of confusion about the RC's USB port, here and in other places. It's just a normal Micro USB port (not USB C) that's square on top, instead of tapered. All of my micro USB cables fit the RC without need for an adaptor.

As for why they included a USB A->C cable, that's for plugging into the Mavic Air itself. The adaptor, I just assumed, was for the one person on the whole globe who doesn't have a drawer full of micro USB cables already. How that adaptor works out cheaper for DJI, compared to a micro USB cable, is the real question I'd like answered. ;)

Why they're not supplying an entire cable isntead of an adaptor is unknown indeed, but most likely the usual reason of saving a couple of cents or taking less space in the packaging...

"everyone has cables already, let's put an adapter jsut so nobody can complain we don't include a way to charge"...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000