DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What mavic pro tool kit to buy?

droneuser

Reactions
Hi

when the time comes and I need to repair my mavic pro what is the best tool kit to buy? that has the bits ,plastic pry levers, etc

Please post a link

Thanks

Mate I dont think that there is a tool kit you can buy!
I am an Electronics Tech, in my day specializing in video camera's.
I wouldn't want to pull my Mavik apart, unless I knew I was gonna do tons of them and learn all the tricks, a proper service manual, exploded views etc.
I dont know where you are in the world, FWIW I'd locate a reputable DJI approved repair centre near you!

I mean if I have to replace a gps board, etc type of thing I don't mean soldering SMT :) I have seen some so called kits but I cant find where I saw them at and I thought I bookmarked it but I didn't :(

Mate I dont think that there is a tool kit you can buy!
I am an Electronics Tech, in my day specializing in video camera's.
I wouldn't want to pull my Mavik apart, unless I knew I was gonna do tons of them and learn all the tricks, a proper service manual, exploded views etc.
I dont know where you are in the world, FWIW I'd locate a reputable DJI approved repair centre near you!
I just look on youtube and work it out myself, I have done a few repairs on my Quads, replace motors,escs, ribbon cables etc. For me the repairs are all part of the hobby. But you are right if you are not confident then find someone who is.

Oh I'm not doubting you.... I too built many a quad back in the day, I'm just saying that this stuff is a little beyond the 'normal' hobbyist for 'repairs'..

Oh I'm not doubting you.... I too built many a quad back in the day, I'm just saying that this stuff is a little beyond the 'normal' hobbyist for 'repairs'..
I guess it depends on your budget.
As long as your aware that mistakes could be costly, and your prepared to take risk, these things are not to bad. All this modern stuff is modular which actually makes it easier to tinker with.

having the right tools also helps with things :) I check that link it out not to bad anyone else have any links

Thanks

anyone know what size torx bit the mavic uses?

I never know whether to use magnetic or not, I usually just lightly magnetise my screwdriver by stroking with a magnet, but always aware you can damage sensitive electronics. I probably worry too much, and maybe there are so many other magnetic sources nearby, that the screwdriver is insignificant.

Haven't had any problems, I've modded 5 controllers for the Titan T-lock system so far with no issues with the magnetic

Last edited:
I use the Ifixit toolkit as it appears to have everything in terms of Torx drivers, ECD straps, tweezers, bits to store screws, plastic spludgers for prying plastic parts open...
iFixit Store Europe | Pro Tech Toolkit

are the bit long? only problem with "bit" ones they wont get in areas that need a long shaft

also magnetic tips may cause problems with compress of course that depends on how strong it is

The bits are around 9mm in length, certainly more than enough length for tackling the Mavic. The magnetic strength does not appear very strong. i.e. the bit loses the magnetised effect after it is removed from the handle. When the bit is in the handle you can just about pick up two tiny screws end to end - the force is quite weak.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albestinspections