DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What other hobbies do you have?

I apologise for the bad quality of the filming but hopefully the drone will improve both the capture and the then needs to work on my editing skills but hey this is my current thing that take some of my time at present. Cant wait to try active track when i do.

I ride sportbikes! :)

Reactions: Rbruz
Reading this forum, getting great tips and help from other members here Thumbswayup

Any jujitsu or mma guys here? It's a great stress reliever lol

I like to mess with old PC ram .Take simple chemicals and use this,
photo5588.JPG to get this flakes.JPG then run it through a coffee filter to have this IMG_7272.jpg which I turn to this photo 2.JPG
Then turn up the torch to get this 5.20.JPG . Very relaxing :)
All from what folks throw away :cool:
my gild.jpg Oh yea...flying and family ;)

I'm new to drones (or rather I will be once I get my Mavic). My other hobbies are: my Lab puppy, sailboat racing, skiing, kayaking

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

How many GB's per carat?

Brian
Not sure what you mean Brain .
That turned out .984 pure so it was right at 24 carat . You can go one step further and make it 100% Fine but when selling it I don't get any more for it .

That turned out .984 pure so it was right at 24 carat . You can go one step further and make it 100% Fine but when selling it I don't get any more for it .

Thats amazing. You are indeed very brave. After seeing how many twits keep complaining to the FAA about every drone video on youtube , it's a wonder they haven't come after you due to the harsh chems used.. and then revert their attention to the EPA lol.. just kidding !!! :D

Reactions: dirkclod
Thats amazing. You are indeed very brave. After seeing how many twits keep complaining to the FAA about every drone video on youtube , it's a wonder they haven't come after you due to the harsh chems used.. and then revert their attention to the EPA lol.. just kidding !!! :D
:) lol
Yea but get em at hardware store . What I did just think about though was look at all the youtube videos on how to do what I do to make the gold from scrap .
Then get on the gold forum and look how they bash the guys on youtube for making those . Is about the same as here . Not on what you can do to others but what you can do to yourself .Them fumes will get your attention . :eek:
Like when I sold what was in that picture , gold was at almost 2,000 an oz. .
Now that got my attention and has dropped a lot since then but is on it's way back up :)
And I have some working now to just keep holding till it gets high again . Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Reactions: dam

I had guessed you were extracting the gold from old RAM modules and wondered mow much gold is in the modules. Not sure what the nonsense about chemicals is all about -- made no reference to that at all.

Brian

I had guessed you were extracting the gold from old RAM modules and wondered mow much gold is in the modules. Not sure what the nonsense about chemicals is all about -- made no reference to that at all.

Brian
The chemical statement was me quoting another member Brian .
To answer your question is not much at all and needs to be old stuff . This new has very little in it .I wish I had weighed just what it took to
get 6 oz. You stockpile then extract and then just keep adding to your bead till you get enough for a chunk .
The schools here give me their old PC's but it's really more work getting what I work with out than I get back but is just a hobby .
That does pay after awhile . Intel 486 CPU's are where you can do good but are hard to come by . They sell em on e bay for more than you can get out of them :)

The chemical statement was me quoting another member Brian .
To answer your question is not much at all and needs to be old stuff . This new has very little in it .I wish I had weighed just what it took to
get 6 oz. You stockpile then extract and then just keep adding to your bead till you get enough for a chunk .
The schools here give me their old PC's but it's really more work getting what I work with out than I get back but is just a hobby .
That does pay after awhile . Intel 486 CPU's are where you can do good but are hard to come by . They sell em on e bay for more than you can get out of them :)

I can imagine the amount of gold per module is pretty small. The west where I live was largely populated, by whites that is, because of gold and silver mining, but, very few of the miners made any money at all. It is amazing to me that so many of the hills and mountains out here have mines large and small -- the work needed to build a mine and the infrastructure needed to productively exploit them is mind boggling. The only people that made any real money were the rich folks that could buy up the productive claims and shop keepers selling the good the miners needed. Oh, and the gamblers and prostitutes got there cut as well.

Brian

I race rally cross, old porches and long distance target shoot when I have time; cook for a living and love to read.

Reactions: Former Member
I do a lot of off-roading:

7050ccc076e22cbd201cf781b69168be.jpg

b4d3ebb69acca5beff1023b926bf97d4.jpg

723059ef30121bc3cb65ebe1dc8b2b05.jpg

80a378101a940f2087ba41a53244af23.jpg

6edc31069ea35b77d72008feaecf2306.jpg

I do a lot of off-roading:

7050ccc076e22cbd201cf781b69168be.jpg

b4d3ebb69acca5beff1023b926bf97d4.jpg

723059ef30121bc3cb65ebe1dc8b2b05.jpg

80a378101a940f2087ba41a53244af23.jpg

6edc31069ea35b77d72008feaecf2306.jpg
Yeah you do! I thought some of my trips were intense but you have gone above and beyond. Did you get those shots with a mavic or drone? Nice pictures and you are on my list when I want to hire a serious guide.

Yeah you do! I thought some of my trips were intense but you have gone above and beyond. Did you get those shots with a mavic or drone? Nice pictures and you are on my list when I want to hire a serious guide.

Haha thanks. Yes all but one of these were shot with the Mavic. If you're ever wanting to run the Rubicon, Fordyce, any west coast trails let me know [emoji1303]

Reactions: Rbruz and Bunny Too
I adore traveling and if it is possible I always take my drone with me to capture the beauty I see around.

Mostly activities which the Mavic compliments, plenty of dog walking - the dog has quickly found he loves the drone as it gets him out more walks in the countryside and he's determined to catch it (he's suitably secured any time the drone is near him):

DSC_3923-XL.jpg

Bit of road cycling:

DSC_6200-XL.jpg

Lot of mountain biking:

DSC06210-XL.jpg

AP5Y3911-XL.jpg

The Mavic is ideal for its small size so it's easy to take in a small backpack when walking or cycling, the next step is obviously to try active track with the bike but a bit wary of trusting the Mavic in automatic mode and there's a lot of trees about.

John

Reactions: Rbruz

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143