DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What other hobbies do you have?

My drone hobby is replacing an earlier hobby -- rocket aerial photography:

Rocket Aerial Photos

And the drone will be supplementing my other hobbies -- exploring old mining camps and ghost towns; and a 1/24th scale outdoor model railroad:

Ghost Towns, Mines, and More

The In-ko-pah Railroad

I will be using the drone to photograph both of these subjects.

Reactions: Bunny Too
My drone hobby is replacing an earlier hobby -- rocket aerial photography:

Rocket Aerial Photos

And the drone will be supplementing my other hobbies -- exploring old mining camps and ghost towns; and a 1/24th scale outdoor model railroad:

Ghost Towns, Mines, and More

The In-ko-pah Railroad

I will be using the drone to photograph both of these subjects.
I used to have an Estes rocket that would snap a photo when the shock cord was pulled, is that similar to your old set up?

Reactions: Rbruz
I used to have an Estes rocket that would snap a photo when the shock cord was pulled, is that similar to your old set up?

That's what I started with, a very long time ago. But for the past 30 years I was using larger, scratch built rockets (using G to K class motors) with Super 8 movie cameras or 35mm still photography cameras. The 35mm cameras were set up to shoot a series of photos starting just before liftoff and continuing until the film ran out.

Reactions: Rbruz and Bunny Too
That's what I started with, a very long time ago. But for the past 30 years I was using larger, scratch built rockets (using G to K class motors) with Super 8 movie cameras or 35mm still photography cameras. The 35mm cameras were set up to shoot a series of photos starting just before liftoff and continuing until the film ran out.
That is pretty cool, I still have a Bolex with three lenses around here somewhere. Do they still make film?

Photography, ham radio, hiking, cycling, skiing, and electronics. Drones are just another extension of all of those.

Like my avatar shows i like to Rock Crawl & Off Road
View attachment 13388 View attachment 13389 View attachment 13390

Awesome pics! Where is this? I just went to Moonrocks in Nevada and flew the drone a little while wheeling.

753db5e46e574833002cc9c3f3d36629.jpg

Down in Cabo San Lucas Baja spend the winters there , i got the mavic to help with my videos. Looking forward to using it

Down in Cabo San Lucas Baja spend the winters there , i got the mavic to help with my videos. Looking forward to using it

That's awesome. I've been playing around with it a lot. It's really fun to think of different ways to view obstacles now.

That's what i thought if i can get it to stay focused on the front without flying into the jeep we should get some great vid.
been going to Cabo for 10 years now think we're going to hang out a bit in Vegas for a few years.

When not flyin' my MP, I enjoy some wind therapy through the twisties around the lakes on my HD. Every now and then I enjoy some time at the range with my other MP (Millennium Pro .40). Otherwise I just enjoy my time with my lady of 23 years. :cool:

DH mountain biking, wakeskating, photography, RC 3d helicopters, RC rock crawling, guns, and drones. A good day is when I can combine 3 of those hobbies into a trip that compliment each other.

Besides being a drone addict - ham radio, photography and my grand-kids (and soon to be great grand-child).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS