DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What SD card for mavic air?

I understand this one works too?
is very cheap here in Chile
View attachment 47669

That card will not work. It does not have a minimum sustained write speed of more than 10 MB/s (greater than 12.5 MB/s is needed).

Notice how it says "up to" 20 MB/s write? That is an instantaneous theoretical single point maximum, not a minimum sustained speed, which is what matters for recording video. Skip that one and get something with a V30 or U3 label. Don't buy anything that is U1 - it will not be fast enough.

That card will not work. It does not have a minimum sustained write speed of more than 10 MB/s (greater than 12.5 MB/s is needed).

Notice how it says "up to" 20 MB/s write? That is an instantaneous theoretical single point maximum, not a minimum sustained speed, which is what matters for recording video. Skip that one and get something with a V30 or U3 label. Don't buy anything that is U1 - it will not be fast enough.
thanks

You can ignore the fancy card names, as long as it's a quality brand (Sandisk, Samsung, Lexar, Sony, etc.) and is either U3 or V30 (or higher) rated, you have nothing to worry about. Ignore all advertised speeds on the labels which are NEVER the minimum sustained write speed and only look at the symbols, which tell you everything you need to know.

Reactions: ABHIII
Formatting did not help. Slow card is slow. Just to confirm, Samsung Evo Select (green colored) worked in MA. No warnings. That card right now is on sale and the cheapest 64gb that's confirmed working for MA. $20 for 64gb.

Got this Samsung 64gb Evo Select card also for $12.99 through Amazon..

Hi, old page revived since I just got a second hand mavic air. I found Adata 64gb u3 v30 card for about 9 usd. Mavic says slow card but I am able to do 4k with ease. Checked transfer write speed of card is about 16-20 on pc. But the sd card testing apps show about 26-30mbps. So far been Happy.

Fast Cards:

1644536112665.png

Slow Cards:

1644536038692.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member