DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What SD card for mavic air?

The memory card you linked above is advertised as having a 100 MB/s read speed. The write speed is more important since the Mavic Air is writing data to the memory card. I did not see the write speed documented anywhere. In one of the Amazon comments, someone said it was able to write data at 28 MB/s. On another webpage, the write speed was listed as 10 MB/s.

The Mavic Air is able to write data to the memory card at a max speed of 1000 Mbps (or 12.5 MB/s). That means you'll want to choose a memory card that is able to consistently write data at more than 12.5 MB/s. The write speed can fluctuate, so you don't necessarily want to choose a memory card that is able to write at a speed that's just a bit faster than 12.5 MB/s.

Sounds Good, I got a card from the approved list on the way! Thanks for the clear up

Thanks all - esoecially for the list very handy...I am usually all about Sandisk after learning my lesson a couple of years ago when a cheap CF card failed with footage still on it from a DSLR but this time have gone with Samsung pro - can withstand seawater hahaha

I had a slow class 4 sd card to start out with. Says slow card. I get this new card, and still same....slow card warning. Formatted it, restarted all, drone, controller and app. Any ideas? This card is rated write speeds up to 90 .

Attachments

• 20180317_111430.jpg
    20180317_111430.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 68
I had a slow class 4 sd card to start out with. Says slow card. I get this new card, and still same....slow card warning. Formatted it, restarted all, drone, controller and app. Any ideas? This card is rated write speeds up to 90 .

I had the same issue. Thought it was my card so I bought another. Same same. I was formatting the cards using the drone. Did some reading and found that this place (see link below) comes highly recommended for formatting sd cards - especially the fast ones. So I formatted both cards using their system, put each one back in the drone and all was good. Give this a try.

SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC

I had the same issue. Thought it was my card so I bought another. Same same. I was formatting the cards using the drone. Did some reading and found that this place (see link below) comes highly recommended for formatting sd cards - especially the fast ones. So I formatted both cards using their system, put each one back in the drone and all was good. Give this a try.

SD Memory Card Formatter 5.0 for SD/SDHC/SDXC

Thanks, I'll try that.

I thought I read somewhere, but can't find it. To format in something different than fat32.

Are you sure it’s a genuine Sandisk card?

Ok. Might just be the photo but it looks dodgy to me.

Yep, got the shaft on that card. Tested the speed. 5.5 Lbs. Tested a different card I have 10.8MBs. Got it on eBay and the seller is no longer active. So I guess I'm stuck with it.

Samsung pro card (white/silver) that worked great in my GoPro Hero 4 Black, gave warning in my MA as too slow. Guess I will give formatting a try and see what happens. That card is pretty fast or so I thought. Bummed. Anyway, I ordered a 64GB Samsung Select just in case.

Quote "
Designed for your sports camcorder, tablet, or smartphone, the Lexar 64GB MicroSDXC UHS-I card (633x) makes it easy to quickly capture play back, and transfer 1080p full-HD, 3D, and 4K video, as well as the highest-quality movies, photos, and songs. This high-capacity, Class 10 card leverages UHS-I technology to deliver high-speed performance—up to 633x (95MB/s). This premium memory solution gives you the speed and space you need to capture more adventure on the go.

All Lexar memory card, card reader, and USB flash drive product designs undergo extensive testing in the Lexar Quality Labs, facilities with more than 1,100 digital devices, to ensure performance, quality, compatibility, and reliability.

My Air says this card is too slow for 4K.

It's the higher bitrate which needs the absolute fastest card, Hero4 bitrate at 4K is similar to Mavic Pro, about 60 compared to Air at 100.
I've seen the same with my Sony RX100 using the highest 100mb setting.

It's the higher bitrate which needs the absolute fastest card, Hero4 bitrate at 4K is similar to Mavic Pro, about 60 compared to Air at 100.
I've seen the same with my Sony RX100 using the highest 100mb setting.

Yip so I bought a Sandisk U 3 card not the U 1 and it works perfectly. Thanks man.

Samsung pro card (white/silver) that worked great in my GoPro Hero 4 Black, gave warning in my MA as too slow. Guess I will give formatting a try and see what happens. That card is pretty fast or so I thought. Bummed. Anyway, I ordered a 64GB Samsung Select just in case.
Formatting did not help. Slow card is slow. Just to confirm, Samsung Evo Select (green colored) worked in MA. No warnings. That card right now is on sale and the cheapest 64gb that's confirmed working for MA. $20 for 64gb.

Reactions: 4wd and Kevjones777
I’ve got a Mavic Air on order and looking at potential memory cards. I take all of these would be fine?

Anyone else tried them?

Attachments

• FE7AD540-23B7-4504-8B12-E2C1D0A97CE8.png
    FE7AD540-23B7-4504-8B12-E2C1D0A97CE8.png
    611.4 KB · Views: 50
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member