DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What SD Micro card best suited for Mavic 2Pro camera?

also what software are u playing it thru?

on my pc VLC player skips, but in windows media player its as smooth as a babies butt
Tried vlc and quickplayer which is the software that runs automatically & imovies, and results on all!

You've tried copying it OFF the card first i take it? (Just checking)

Reactions: Whack
are you recording in .MOV or MP4. & what codec H.264 or H.265

plus id try on another computer

just a process of elimination

are you recording in .MOV or MP4. & what codec H.264 or H.265

plus id try on another computer

just a process of elimination

Recording . Mov h.265 & tried adjusting quality from 4k 24/30fps to 1080 just to check & all was the same Like you said just a process of elimination.. Will keep trying

You've tried copying it OFF the card first i take it? (Just checking)
Yes tried both playing from the card and saving it to desktop & then playing and same result for both also tried both H.264 & h.265 same with each.

No just tried a windows laptop with vlc & gom media players and again each stutters on playback yet when I put the card into a Samsung galaxy s7 the playback is smooth

Its sounding like a SD card issue.

Im still struggling to find one its happy with.

I've ordered a Sandisk Extreme Pro to see if that works.

If not i'll try the 32 or maybe 64gb version of Samsung (128 is too big).

128 gb is not supported for mavic 2 pro?

128gb is supported.

I have no problem playing 4K d-log file directly from a 128gb SanDisk card in a 2014 Macbook Pro. Since I edit on apple I use .MOV container type.

I dislike removing the SDHC card from the mavic. I wish I could transfer H.265 files directly from the drone.

I dislike removing the SDHC card from the mavic. I wish I could transfer H.265 files directly from the drone.

You can - both SD and the internal storage appear as removable drives when plugged in.

Reactions: shotes
It supports up to 128gb i think. But a 128gb is far too big for my needs. I want smaller ones i can swap in case one gets lost or corrupted.

I choose 128gb because I want to be able to record continuously for three batteries and have a comfortable margin to spare. Plus like many shooters I don't normally reuse cards while on a trip, so that potentially requires a lot of card capacity.

My workflow is to have files in two places while traveling, plus do a continuous cloud upload of anything special. Using prepaid (no contract) phone plan allows me to switch to a premium unlimited data plan during times when I'm creating a lot of good footage and stills. Losing a camera bag to theft also usually means losing the laptop.

My understanding is that iOS won't copy files it can't read, like H.265 video files. Perhaps there is some trick, but in my experience iOS just ignores the files on the card. In my experience it won't even copy .DNG files, which it can display, if there is a jpeg also present on the card.

The workaround is just to shoot H.264. So far I'm not impressed with d-log, so I may just do that. The "Hasselblad" false warmth in d-log and DNG stills is really annoying. I can undo the color cast in post, but I don't see the point so far.

Reactions: Whack
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
demoyne