DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What should I buy

DJI Mini 2 vs DJI Air 2S which would you buy and why? Pro's and con's Would you do it differently if you could?
It really depends on your needs. Everyone needs something different. If you just want a drone to fly every now and then with decent-quality pictures, the Mini 2 is for you. If you want a professional quality drone and plan to fly more often or in more challenging conditions requiring greater stability and speed, then I'd go with the Air 2S. I've had both and I must say, I much prefer the Air 2S. But, as I said, it's all about your needs. The Air 2S suits me better, but for someone else, they might prefer a Mini 2.

I was thinking that the sensors would be a big plus! But would the size be an advantage or disadvantage?
It depends. The Mini 2 doesn't need to be registered (because it's less than 250 grams) but the Air 2S does. However, that's only a $5 disadvantage and you can use the registration number on all drones. In my opinion, the size is an advantage because while bigger, it's still easily portable. They say the Mini 2 can fit in your pocket which is supposed to be an advantage but you forget about your phone, the controller, and possibly extra batteries. Unless you have super big pockets, you're going to need some type of case anyway. Therefore, I'd say you might as well get an Air 2S.

Reactions: AnDronioBanderos
for me the mini 2 is a great drone to travel with since it’s 249g and doesn’t require registrations In many countries .. otherwise I don’t think it has any advantage over the air 2s .. especially when you shoot in a low light situations I’ve had a the Air 2 which have larger sensor than the mini 2 and still see some noise after sunset .. and after upgrading to air 2s I can see a much better low light performance and more sharp images

DJI Mini 2 vs DJI Air 2S which would you buy and why? Pro's and con's Would you do it differently if you could?
Very discussed post - so searching is a good thing to find past threads or even at the bottom of this thread are "Similar Posts."

Air2(S) wins hands down for me over the Mini Series - even though huge difference between Mini and Mini2.

Totally depends on what you need / want - budget, etc.

@whitlow, As you know the cost difference is substantial.

The Mini 2 shoots 2.7k and 4k video and 12 mp stills. That's better video resolution than most HD televisions and 12 mp jpegs are perfectly fine for almost all applications with computers, phones, and small prints.

The size difference is significant to me, especially for traveling. The Mini 2 is also quieter and less intrusive, if that matters.

The Air 2S outperforms in just about all aspects except portability. And it offers obstacle avoidance, hyperlapses, and other automated photo modes. It's faster and has greater range, but if you're staying in VLOS operation, the advantages are limited.

Is this a first drone? If so, that might argue for the Mini 2. If you later decide to trade up to an Air 2S, you can readily sell the Mini 2. And you might find that you want to keep it for travel and more casual flying. If I was starting out again, I think I'd go with the Mini 2 and spend some of the money I saved on a 7-10 inch tablet to fly with.

You'll enjoy the drone, no matter which one you choose. No wrong answer here.

Good luck. Have fun. Get your TRUST certificate.

Reactions: whitlow
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman