DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What should I do?

Hostar

Reactions
I currently have a Spark, Love it, but it is noisy.

I can get a pretty good deal on mpp fly more package, that has been flown 6 times for under $1100 with DJI care till Dec.

Should I picked that up or wait for the Mavic 2? I have an upcoming trip to Ireland in early April would love some nice footage.

My priorities are
1. Noise
2. size of drone
3. camera abilities
4. sensor

What do you think? Wait or pick up the mpp fly more?

If your #1 priority is noise, then you should re-prioritize. The sound/noise levels between the 3 (Spark, MP & Air) are not all that dramatic.

Reactions: ManchesterMavic
If your #1 priority is noise, then you should re-prioritize. The sound/noise levels between the 3 (Spark, MP & Air) are not all that dramatic.

It is pretty dramatic. The difference between a vacuum cleaner and room conversation noise is pretty noticeable . Noise pollution and disturbing other people while I fly is pretty important. If they don't know it is there, I am not disturbed.

I would say the noise of the Air is considerably higher then the Mavic Pro Platinum. So much so, that the noise, along with wifi, are the two factors that put me off of buying the Air.....
Waiting patiently to hear of a Mavic Pro 2......

Reactions: GoBigGuy
"To each their own"...FYI the difference is 3 decibels. See excerpt below:

Perception
Sound studies tell us time and again that a 3dBA increase in sound level is barely noticeable to the human ear. In fact, you have to raise a sound level by 5dBA before most listeners report a noticeable or significant change. Further, it takes a 10dBA increase before the average listener hears “double the sound.” That’s a far cry from 3dB.

Reactions: Hostar
"To each their own"...FYI the difference is 3 decibels. See excerpt below:

Perception
Sound studies tell us time and again that a 3dBA increase in sound level is barely noticeable to the human ear. In fact, you have to raise a sound level by 5dBA before most listeners report a noticeable or significant change. Further, it takes a 10dBA increase before the average listener hears “double the sound.” That’s a far cry from 3dB.

well the frequency makes a difference for me in the perception of sound. Everywhere I have flown, everyone knows my drone is flying. LOL

I would say the noise of the Air is considerably higher then the Mavic Pro Platinum. So much so, that the noise, along with wifi, are the two factors that put me off of buying the Air.....
Waiting patiently to hear of a Mavic Pro 2......

yeah hopefully the mavic 2 will not have wifi...................

Everywhere I have flown, everyone knows my drone is flying.
Same with me...but I attribute that to the fact that people see me hold something (RC) in my hand and looking up at the sky ;)

I’m thinking of selling my Spare MPP. Never activated for $850 so if you decide you want one let me know. I’m going after a P4 Maybe a Inspire 1 or 2? I’m undecided as of yet and it’s past the point of return to Amazon. I love the MPP but it has limitations compared to its bigger siblings

well the frequency makes a difference for me in the perception of sound. Everywhere I have flown, everyone knows my drone is flying. LOL
I'm in a rural area and I can hear my MPP half a mile away, even more so overhead.

I went from a Spark to a MPP and do not regret my decision. The noise reduction, longer flight time, longer range, and OccuSync are all huge plusses. I say go for the MPP FMC now.

You can always wait for the next drone and it will always be better. So you might as well keep the Spark and never buy another drone. So, setting that aside...

You will probably never get a drone that is as quite as you want. People are always going to hear it. You say "size matters". I'm guessing this means the smaller the better. As you should know, the Spark is smaller then the MPP. You should also know that the camera is better. Though, the Spark's camera is good.

i too started with a Spark then upgraded to a MPP. the Spark sounds like a small, loud, angry group of bees. the Mavic sounds like much bigger, quieter, more peaceful bees ;)

Reactions: Studoo
I have an upcoming trip to Ireland in early April would love some nice footage.]
Bring something waterproof
Am also looking at MPP that I can get a good deal on but waitiwa for the mp2 hoping for rear sensors and maybe a better camera. If not then it'll be the mpp

I currently have a Spark, Love it, but it is noisy.

I can get a pretty good deal on mpp fly more package, that has been flown 6 times for under $1100 with DJI care till Dec.

Should I picked that up or wait for the Mavic 2? I have an upcoming trip to Ireland in early April would love some nice footage.

My priorities are
1. Noise
2. size of drone
3. camera abilities
4. sensor

I wouldn’t even think a minute mate. Spark is a toy. MPP is much more capable bird. Go for it

Reactions: snoopdrone

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4