DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What to do when your Mavic goes into atti mode - best practices

That is interesting. I've never flown in ATTI mode. I understood that stability was limited but it had not occurred to me that momentum would not be corrected when you centre the sticks. It's such a key feature that make theses aircraft so easy to fly. I could imagine a situation where the pilot is constantly over correcting with bigger inputs until control is lost.

That is interesting. I've never flown in ATTI mode. I understood that stability was limited but it had not occurred to me that momentum would not be corrected when you centre the sticks. It's such a key feature that make theses aircraft so easy to fly. I could imagine a situation where the pilot is constantly over correcting with bigger inputs until control is lost.

It's not that twitchy.

Reactions: Opabob
I tried the aluminum foil thing and can't even get it to stay in ATTI mode. 6-7 satellites; when it goes to 8, it jumps back to GPS mode. Got it wrapped up from the battery lights aft. Wtf. Could it be when I tried it the constellation of sats was really strong? Don't feel like messing with the firmware to enable the Sport mode switch. Sucks. Really want to practice in ATTI mode.

I tried the aluminum foil thing and can't even get it to stay in ATTI mode. 6-7 satellites; when it goes to 8, it jumps back to GPS mode. Got it wrapped up from the battery lights aft. Wtf. Could it be when I tried it the constellation of sats was really strong? Don't feel like messing with the firmware to enable the Sport mode switch. Sucks. Really want to practice in ATTI mode.

The switch modification is really trivial.

Fake foil problem

The switch modification is really trivial.
The mod is simple if you're running the right firmware. I've got 01.04.0100. I believe setting the switch is not possible without downgrading to 03.0700 or something. Doing this may have become easier in the last few months; I'll check in again on it.

Just wondering, with no GPS how would the mavic know its altitude? Unless it is close enough to the ground to use its ultrasonic sensors? I would expect to have to use throttle to maintain the altitude.

Just wondering, with no GPS how would the mavic know its altitude? Unless it is close enough to the ground to use its ultrasonic sensors? I would expect to have to use throttle to maintain the altitude.

It uses a barometric sensor to determine altitude.

Reactions: Congoblue
The mod is simple if you're running the right firmware. I've got 01.04.0100. I believe setting the switch is not possible without downgrading to 03.0700 or something. Doing this may have become easier in the last few months; I'll check in again on it.

I had been wondering about that. I know that you need to use Assistant 2 v 1.1.2, but I did not know whether later firmware prevented parameter changes. I am running an earlier firmware.

This happened to me yesterday when taking off from the bed of my truck. Usually, at most, it just asks for a compass calibration. This time, it took of normal, but then went to atti. It was a bit nerve wracking having my new investment not under full control, im so used to it being rock solid. I will no longer be using my truck bed.

This happened to me yesterday when taking off from the bed of my truck. Usually, at most, it just asks for a compass calibration. This time, it took of normal, but then went to atti. It was a bit nerve wracking having my new investment not under full control, im so used to it being rock solid. I will no longer be using my truck bed.

The same thing happened to me when taking off from the hood of my car. I got the "in GPS mode" indication, took off, and then it went into Atti mode within a few seconds. And that's the first time it's ever gone into Atti mode, regardless of where I was taking off from.
Wonder if it has anything to do with all the metal near it?? But if that affected it, you would think it would affect it while sitting on the car also.

The same thing happened to me when taking off from the hood of my car. I got the "in GPS mode" indication, took off, and then it went into Atti mode within a few seconds. And that's the first time it's ever gone into Atti mode, regardless of where I was taking off from.
Wonder if it has anything to do with all the metal near it?? But if that affected it, you would think it would affect it while sitting on the car also.
i think its definitely the vehicle sheet metal. I was surprised how crazy and unresponsive it was in atti. If i can prevent that from occuring again, i will

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead