DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What viewing device will you be using?

I would like to use my Samsung S7 but not sure if they've sorted the problem with Go yet or not..

I will assess once I get my hands physically on the Mavic and Controller when they arrive. If my existing smart phone works well, then I am fine. If it is reasonably easy to support my mini iPad, that may be an option. If I have to, it is probably time to upgrade the phone anyways, the decision then will be between the iPhone 7 or 7S.

Last edited:
I'll be using my Nexus 7 2013 tablet

I'm still mulling this over, but I think I might dedicate my recently retired iPhone 6s as my dedicated Mavic device. The Mavic remote controller is made to hold naked phones or phones in super slim cases. I'd rather not have to remove the phone case every time or rig up some kind of adapter that can hold the phone while in the case.

I use my S7 with an Otterbox case so it won't work unless I pull it out of that case. I purchased an ABS insert that uses the Inspire holder and then I can use Nexus tablet. Currently have the inspire device holder setup with my P3S with the tablet.

Iphone either in remote or within vr headset. Someone on RC groups just pointed out Litchi's ability to share the video downlink across wifi, so I'll certainly be trying that out

Reactions: The FlynFool
I'll probably start out using my Note 4 smartphone but I also have a Galaxy Tab 8.4 that would make for a better viewing experience but will require some rigging to make it work comfortably.

The other thing is Sun shading -- not sure what to do about that...

Brian

I am trying to decide between a Pixel XL or the iPhone 7 Plus. Until I decide, I'll just be using an iPhone 6.

I'm currently using a Note 4 with a cracked screen. It still works great for a phone, but I worry it will have trouble processing the video in real time. Now i'm in the new market for a new tablet and have been looking at the Ipad Air 2, Galaxy Tab 2, or possibly the Shield K1.

If money weren't an issue, what viewing device would you use and why?
Either my current phone, Galaxy S6Edge+, or My Note 3 that is sitting around, but I may want to use my iPad Mini as well. TBD I guess.

Supposed to be getting my iPhone 7+ 11/04-11/11, hopefully I'll get my Mavic around the same time. Gonna be my 2 favorite gadgets paired together, pretty psyched. I live in NY, but I don't care if it's gonna be cold, I'm gonna fly !
Right on! I love the enthusiasm! Fly safe bud

iPad mini will not fit in the Mavic controller correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iPhone 6 Plus but looking forward to the adapters that are already in the work for tablets.

I have been flying my Mavic for the last 4 weeks using my iPhone 6S+. As was stated, once you disable the auto brightness and set it a max, it works very well. Ken Booth has designed a holder for tablets that uses the existing DJI RC mount. There are others that have designed them. I am very attached to my iPad mini 4 and using the existing mount allows the use of the DJI hood.

Reactions: Badm0n
I always used the iPad Air2 on my P2 & P3, but thats out so until there is a good holder for the iPad Mini I will use my iPhone 6+. But as I am old (er) I really like the larger screens so will be looking for a Mini to buy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S