DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What viewing device will you be using?

Btw the link to your proposed tablet holder is junk. They have been around since the p2v days and I wouldn't put any tablet in it... very cheaply made!

The bar goes across the bottom...

Look you clearly do not envision what I described, it would still employ the block in the stock phone holder however it would have extensions below the controller where you would drill two holes into a couple inches apart. Those holes would allow a u shaped bar (similar to the P3 controlloer. that extended out beyond the front of the controller this is where you would attached the Screen mount See link below

To support the bar in the front of the controller you would attached two small guides in the bottom neat the front of the controller, this will allow the weight to be distributed across the dept of the controller, and since it is U-shape also distribute some across the width also

New YKS DJI Phantom 3 & Inspire 1 7.9 Inch Tablet Stand Mount Holder Bracket

As for signal even if you use the back mount and the screen is horizontal the screen is just about as close as my front mount. Maybe you will not get 4.3 miles but 99% of users do not need 1 mile. Thre is No data that suggest any signal/technology changes from the P series will have any effect

Look I get it, it's a small controller and so far there is no reasonable mounts that provides visibility of both screens without major glare issues or they have limited controller handling. I do not need to hold the controller to know that any horizontal screen will have insurmountable glare issues, unfortunately when you tilt it you lose sight of the the controller screen. Hopefully there is be a viable solution soon

Look I get it, it's a small controller and so far there is no reasonable mounts that provides visibility of both screens without major glare issues or they have limited controller handling. I do not need to hold the controller to know that any horizontal screen will have insurmountable glare issues, unfortunately when you tilt it you lose sight of the the controller screen. Hopefully there is be a viable solution soon

That's what sun shades are for and required for most if not angles in direct sunlight. People wanted a mount that didn't block the rc screen. The lower tablet location is the best solution.

That's what sun shades are for and required for most if not angles in direct sunlight. People wanted a mount that didn't block the rc screen. The lower tablet location is the best solution.

Sunshades is still in a horizontal screen and will have little effect, not to mention the height of the shade will likely block or limit the view of the Mav controller screen. Keep in mind that having to keep the whole controller will be kept horizontal will also have glare to the controller screen.

The Moderator Dirkclod mentioned that Ken has a Front mount Design so I am very interested in seeing it.

Look Blade I applaud yours and others ambition and innovation on the rear mount for me the concept is just a reach however for others it might be just fine.

I own a Sports lighting company and we use the drone in the design, installation and inspection process where glare is a big deal to us this is in part why I am looking for a non glare solution

I fully understand about glare and other factors. I have been using tablets for viewing since lb1 in 2013.

Not matter what design if using a shade or have the mount upfront you will not see the RC screen there will be a trade off!

The hoodivisions work really well at the angle and it's pretty much the angle they're designed for
hoodivision

I posted the upper mount on the previous page!

You don't need to thank me for anything . I made a mount that works for me and made it open for the public. Choose to use it or not

Will miss the real estate of my Nexus 7 but in the interim I will be using my HTC One M9.

I'm currently using a Note 4 with a cracked screen. It still works great for a phone, but I worry it will have trouble processing the video in real time. Now i'm in the new market for a new tablet and have been looking at the Ipad Air 2, Galaxy Tab 2, or possibly the Shield K1.

If money weren't an issue, what viewing device would you use and why?

We just bought 4 of those they are a great shade, however just like the picture on their web page shows we found without tilting the screen you have to hold the controller up against your body (not a natural viewing position to limit the light form the non shielded side. This is why having the ability to tilt is so important., again with the Mav you will lose the ability to see the controller screen so with that said you can simply tilt the back mount to the same angles as the front you just either way you will nor be able to see the controls or the Mav controller screen. For us we can use a tripod mount it just would have been nice to have a more mobile solution

I just bought a dedicated Iphone 6 plus (Blacklisted for $100) however may also try the Ascend 7 which is a 6" screen and then just use the full size ipod on the Tripod when more detail and streaming is needed.

I used a 6s plus and now a 7 plus both work outstanding and use them the most.

I just wanted a quick tablet option that works very well. In use there's no difference in using it or a phone. The device is in pretty much the same location. You also get some added angle adjustments while keeping the rc and antennas in the best locations for transmission. (As stated I did increase the clearance in final design)

There will be much better designs but like already stated it will require more than a simple printer design.

I'll be using a Note 7...

JUST KIDDING. Mine went back when the explosions first started popping up... I'll be using either a iPhone 6S Plus or the Galaxy S7 (if it's working)

Would it be silly if instead of mounting the tablets the traditional way, we mount it in portrait orientation.
Yea obviously the video dimensions won't fit the portrait orientation and there will be wasted space at the top and bottom of the screen. However, the middle portion can still show a substantial amount of video and we can use the black space to put all the drone info.
So basically the middle portion is purely the video from the camera and the black empty space above and below can be used for drone info.

I have been flying my Mavic for the last 4 weeks using my iPhone 6S+. As was stated, once you disable the auto brightness and set it a max, it works very well. Ken Booth has designed a holder for tablets that uses the existing DJI RC mount. There are others that have designed them. I am very attached to my iPad mini 4 and using the existing mount allows the use of the DJI hood.

I bought a IPhone 6s Plus just for my Mavic Pro! I started using it with my Phantom 4 and so far it's been great! I thought going down in size would bother me ( I was using Samsung tab s2 9.6 inch) but It really doesn't. The screen is plenty bright, with no lag or glitch at all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Google Pixel!
I've had my eye on that phone for awhile now. It has a Amoled screen correct? If so that's awesome! I love the Amoled screen on my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge! Amazing colors and deep blacks

I've had my eye on that phone for awhile now. It has a Amoled screen correct? If so that's awesome! I love the Amoled screen on my Samsung Galaxy s7 edge! Amazing colors and deep blacks
Correct, AMOLED.

Correct, AMOLED.
Awesome! Another phone caught my eye the other day. Asus Zenphone 3 Deluxe. 5.7 inch Amoled display, 6gb ram,64GB storage and a few other goodies, only has a 1080p display which inow my opinion is fine for a phone. Only cost around 499.99. I might pick one up to test with my mavic when it arrives.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803