DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What viewing device will you be using?

As I own a Samsung S7 that may or may work when my Mavic arrives next week :) is there a cheap a cheerful Android tablet/phone with as big a screen as possible that will fit into the controller and work with Go/UF?

Thanks.

You can still downgrade your S7 to the July firmware. That schould work, confirmed by a couple of people.

Ah, thanks. I did upgrade to the latest firmware release on Saturday that I was told by DJI should solve the S7 restart problem but I've not seen if that's proved to be successful yet.. Will have a search but good to know that's a last resort solution.

I just want to be up and running when the Mavic does arrive.

It seems that the update didn't solve the S7 issues (although some say that they aren't having a problem with the S7, it seems a bit hit and miss):

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=66313&pid=518327

Having read what's involved backdating the S7 firmware I don't really want to go through that so I'm still on the look out for a cheap temporary solution if anybody has any ideas?

Thanks.

iPhone 6. I hope to try to get my PS4 VR to work with it, what are the possibilities? Any ideas?
I wouldn't mind being tethered if it would work

I intend to use my Galaxy S7 Edge. I understand that some say the DJI Go app will not work, but I just downloaded the app and it APPEARS to be working ok on my S7 Edge. I can only hope that it will, in fact, work when I get my Mavic!

I've been using my S7 Edge with P3Pro and have not had any issues. Looking forward to using it with the Mavic.

Jason

As I have said before, an iPhone/iPhone+ screen is just too small for me to see or for flying enjoyment. I'm sure I could juggle my iPad Mini 4, but even so, I think the angle of viewing will cause the screen to be drowned out by the sun since I can't use a sun shade.

IF if get a Mavic, I will be using DJI goggles, but if they are cost prohibitive, no DJI goggles or Mavic.

Thanks,

Am I right to understand that this particular holder needs another item to work with?

A Phantom holder, perhaps?

MK

That is correct. Why not get the metal upgraded part that comes with the Inspire controller. The plastic one that came with the phantom series always had some give or play in it.

Here are some auctions for the metal one metal dji inspire holder | eBay

2014 Nexus 6, it (just) fits the Mavic controller, and is powerful enough to process the incoming images. It's my favourite phone of all time, even superseding the Nokia 6310 in my estimation.

I believe the newer the phone the better it is to run the software/app.. so im guessing older phones will have jitter and lag .. ?

I have the XIAOMI REDMI NOTE 2.

Is this phone suitable for the Mavic?
I think it is but I want to be sure and not in need to buy another just for the Mavic.:rolleyes:

I'm hoping my LG G3 will work.. it meets the spec's and I downloaded the APP.. only time will tell..

My trusty galaxy S7. Worked fine with my P3's (up to about a couple weeks ago), and works with the latest DJI GO Update. Fingers crossed it will be fine with the Mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair