DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What was dji thinking!?

I’ve been flying for several years with the GO4 app. No issues. I purchased the MA2 and am now using the FLY app. The font is so small, I can’t even read how much battery I have left. There is no contrast to help see any of the writing. What in the world is the reasoning behind this? It’s hard enough trying to see the screen with the bright sun. It’s horrible!
Dji, give us an update and allow us the ability to change the contrast and font size!
I totally agree, its the same issue with the dji fly, no bar for battery and why put it inside a battery icon, makes it worse to see

I’ve been flying for several years with the GO4 app. No issues. I purchased the MA2 and am now using the FLY app. The font is so small, I can’t even read how much battery I have left. There is no contrast to help see any of the writing. What in the world is the reasoning behind this? It’s hard enough trying to see the screen with the bright sun. It’s horrible!
Dji, give us an update and allow us the ability to change the contrast and font size!
yes please - almost impossible to read and certainly not when doing a quick scan of the data

The more I read about the air 2 the more I think Im not getting one
The Air 2 is a great drone with excellent features that is very new on release, so I would recommend that you are not put off buying it just on the basis of a few posted grumbles by users who possibly have many hours of flying on a different controller and app. Its actual flight and filming performance is great. Hopefully, DJI take on board the user feedback and implement some more firmware updates. I use an iphone 11 Pro and it is very hard to read the GPS numbers and especially the battery level; I almost got caught on the last flight and had to put it down fast (luckily close). You can tap on the battery symbol and get an enlarged display of the various cell power levels, but that should not be necessary. The side of the app display would be a better location for an enlarged view of these critically important data windows. Safe flying.

Reactions: Gr8fulTed

Is it any better on an iPad/tablet?

I agree, the Fly app design is very poor for use on a phone and barely useable on a 8" tablet. The fonts and icons are far too small to get information at a glance. As it is the app is unsafe because you need to spend too much time looking for the tiny data. Does DJI not understand that not everyone has the eyes of a 20 year old! Other companies have far better designed screen sized data.
They could fix this by making the icons larger when touching them.

Reactions: Flytelandon
Does anyone know why DJI have multiple apps? I fly the M2 Enterprise and that has yet a different app (DJI Pilot) which is like GO4 with a ton of functionality removed. It doesn’t make sense to Me to have multiple apps that all do similar things. Why do they not have one app that supports all the drones they make as it would seem simpler to maintain?

Note to DJI: How about increasing the contrast for the numbers/images at the top and around the screen.

Reactions: pelagic_one
Oh, you’re unhappy. Well, send it back, get a refund, and fly something else. Why has this forum become a place whining about everything under the Sun?

To be fair it is a legitimate criticism. The DJI GO 4 app was fine in this respect, so it's not clear why they made it so hard to see in the Fly app.

Totally agree iPhones need all the help they can get

Last few times out I’ve kept a pair of reading glasses handy even though I don’t wear glasses? I’m a newbie but I think it’s awesome for the price! Also the refresh is reasonable.

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Ther

There are audio warnings?

That said, I‘d probably turn them off anyway. I enjoy flying my drone in part because there is no nagging female voice.

“I’m not bossy, I just know what you should be doing” ?

There are audio warnings. A lot of them. They are very useful. I am curious who many of the people complaining have older phones. I have an iPhone 11, or whatever the newest one is. It has the 4K screen. I have 50 year old eyes and trifocals, and I don't have an issue. I am considering getting a mini iPad to get a bigger screen, but for the most part of I don't find the screen hard to read. Bright sunlight will reflect off the phone glass at times, which would happen on any device. There are covers available to deal with this, but I prefer to just turn away to avoid the reflection.

Overall I think the Fly App is great. For some of the complaints, I would suggest getting better glasses, or a better phone screen. I think that would make the difference.

They only made it hold a small device and add a small font app. Genius!
Also easy to tell from the new pilots approval of Fly, they are not familiar with much better Go4. DJI must be betting on it.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna