DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would cause me to have to use an ND64PL filter?

Ripper7620

Reactions
I'm shooting in D-log, 4K 3840X2160, @30fps, set to Sunny, ISO@100, and am mostly shooting in full sunlight over water. I used to be able to get away with using a ND16PL in full sunlight, and an ND8PL in overcast conditions, and one day my whites just started becoming completely blown out. The results as far as color and clarity are great with the ND64PL, however, it just seems like an extreme and unusual solution for shooting video. I'm sorry I don't remember the exact EV readings for any of these circumstances. Thank you in advance.

I realize this is an old thread but I too have had this issue. I always need an ND32 and then that became an ND64, which I leave on all the time. I can't seem to get any use out of my lower NDs. I an also at 100ASA and I think it's right as I don't have noise that I'd see in higher ASA settings.

This issue is not a show-stopper (because I have the ND64) but it is odd.

Hi Guys I live in the Craibbean Islands with lots of Sunny Weather and i just leave my ND32 on all the time. But I have a question, Can the EV setting on the MPP platinum be manually set when using ND filters? I never get mine exactly on zero sometimes its at + 2. How do i get it close to zero at possible keeping my iso at 100?

ok Thank you Kilrah. I think the mistake that i could be making is always keeping my ISO at 100. I never ever move it from that setting in manual. I do this to keep my videos with artificial noise, however i will experiment with it at 200. I have the polar pro 6 pack ND filters so thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Interesting topic because since I purchased the platinum I've also noticed that during the summer months in the UK this year, a ND32 filter was not enough and had to purchase a ND64, however I initially thought perhaps the Neewer filter set & PGY filters as they are low cost filters that was the reason, I also keep camera settings to 100 ISO using D-Log or sometimes D-Cinelike.

I think I will have to purchase a ND64 from polar pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54