DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would stop you buying the Mavic 3?

I'm only a rec flier interested in photography while out in the countryside. I'm gonna wait till the FAA makes it clear how and where I can fly while in the boonies. For all I know my OLD Mavic Pro might be outdated...I just don't know. It all depends on what goes on in the next few months on how they regulate us. By the time this is all worked out, maybe the Mavic III will be under the required weight limit with awesome features. Or maybe not.

"Non-repressive government" is in the eye of the beholder, apparently.
Yep - note I’m in Australia though. Our government is more the other extreme- Prime Minster and a state emergency services minister take off on holidays whilst the place is burning down!

Folks might want to find out if the Mavic 3 will be compliant with the upcoming changes thats in the US anyway. If it is not compliant, it may be virtually useless in a couple few years....

Personally, I will not purchase another DJI product as I refuse to be told where I can and cannot fly by a Chinese monopoly.
I am perfectly capable of making the fly or no fly decision.

No one knows for sure what the upcoming changes in the Us; probably 4 years or more away, so why be concerned with flying a uas thats released in he coming year that will be obsolete in 4-5 years?

No one knows for sure what the upcoming changes in the Us; probably 4 years or more away, so why be concerned with flying a uas thats released in he coming year that will be obsolete in 4-5 years?
If you would have told me in 2017 that in 4 years my MP would be obsolete by 2021 I would have never sunk so much money into my Mavic Pro and equipment. But you're correct, we don't know what is gonna happen...I guess if it were for a 107 job I might have a different view but for a hobby? If I knew the rug might be pulled out from under me as is being suggested by many, I'd never had made the purchase in the first place.

Reactions: strdr
Yep - note I’m in Australia though. Our government is more the other extreme- Prime Minster and a state emergency services minister take off on holidays whilst the place is burning down!
You let them take your guns, and Freedom of Speech is kind of a slippery concept there, from what I read.....

Last edited:
You let them take your guns.....
We didn’t have many in the first place and they only took military and semis/pumps. Pest control and farmers can still get those if they need them. We can still get bolt guns etc. no issues (but we have always needed a license and possession is not a right by any means). I’ve got a gun safe full... In the end it has decreased gun crime but mostly never having easy access was the factor - you cannot even privately sell a gun, it has to go via a dealership. I’m happy with it - never stopped me getting what I needed. Although I WANT an AR15, I’m glad a few loonies in town don’t have them. And they don’t; no one really bothers, someone with a piece of tube with a 12g round in it here makes the news! We don’t find it oppressive at all, we whine about our government but it’s a democracy- get what we vote for! (And it’s illegal not to vote here - no ‘paying off people to vote’, they all have to anyway’).

Reactions: Johnmcl7
We didn’t have many in the first place and they only took military and semis/pumps. Pest control and farmers can still get those if they need them. We can still get bolt guns etc. no issues (but we have always needed a license and possession is not a right by any means). I’ve got a gun safe full... In the end it has decreased gun crime but mostly never having easy access was the factor - you cannot even privately sell a gun, it has to go via a dealership. I’m happy with it - never stopped me getting what I needed. Although I WANT an AR15, I’m glad a few loonies in town don’t have them. And they don’t; no one really bothers, someone with a piece of tube with a 12g round in it here makes the news! We don’t find it oppressive at all, we whine about our government but it’s a democracy- get what we vote for! (And it’s illegal not to vote here - no ‘paying off people to vote’, they all have to anyway’).
Granted, it's all relative. The Bill of Rights is under assault in the USA too. We're just not quite as far down the path to "repressive government" as some other western countries.

For me the Mavic 3 would have to have interchangeable cameras.
To be able to go from a large format camera to the zoom and even a flir camera would make the Mavic perfect.
Same here. The new Autel Evo 2 leaped frogged the M2P with interchangeable cameras and having flir available so the M3P would have to leapfrog that.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147