DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you go through to recover your drone?

I rather insure the drone with State Farm and made a claim. There are so many things can go wrong. I does not worth it. That girl is so brave and have more guts than most men.

She was stranded on that island during lockdown and I guess needed the drone for further photography so having insurance wasn’t going to help her situation

I try not to crash my mini, but I've got $400 set aside to buy new.
Of course I'd rather have some one like her to retrieve it.

And climbing that rough rock WITHOUT GLOVES???

Reactions: Emanáku
I've flown over glaciers where mountaineers got missing presumed dead and glacierlakes that are pretty deep so no recovery by me. I did go flying with a friend who crash-landed his MA2 in a tall tree. Luckily we found a guy via google who was able to get it out for reasonable money. I filmed the operation here:

Reactions: Emanáku
Very likely she was on a months long tour. Which very likely meant for her: a couple of months without drone or this climbing adventure.
I always wanted to see, how these trees are actually holding on to these rocks :) Plenty material in the video for this research question :)

Also: for myself I might not be able to do such a rescue operation, but I live in the Peruvian Andes, and if the drone would get lost here I would surely try a lot more than living in the US and having insurance.
It took about 3 weeks from buying the drone online, waiting until it came to Lima, then they shipped it to Cusco, where I had to pick it up. I don't know of any insurance that would pay here anything. So it is more about "what could I do" than anything else in case of an emergency (which is true for all aspects of life here anyway :) ).

Stumbled across this lady getting her's back by free climbing up a cliff of a island. Personally, I may have let this one go (not much of a climber) lol.

What have you done to get a drone back?
I am so proud of your stick to it ness. When you are 70 you can actually look back and see what a grand adventurer you are. National Geographic should pay you for this footage.

Very likely she was on a months long tour. Which very likely meant for her: a couple of months without drone or this climbing adventure.
Shes a blogger that travels and got caught in Thailand for 3 1/2 months because of the pandemic. If you watch the video via YouTube
you will see her channel .

Stumbled across this lady getting her's back by free climbing up a cliff of a island. Personally, I may have let this one go (not much of a climber) lol.

What have you done to get a drone back?
I found this kind of over rated. The amount of effort, plus the proper risk assessment would pretty much negate any type of rescue attempt. However, fort the sake sensationalism and attracting new subscribers to your channel, well done!

I unfollowed her, after watching...LOL

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S