DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you go through to recover your drone?

That is exactly the problem with the DJI Refresh kit. I personally own the refresh in all my drones but I have the State Farm as well.

I have a call into my State Farm agent now. It makes sense to add it, particularly as I will be flying over Lake Michigan for the next two projects I have in mind.

Reactions: mrjohnc1 and zeusfl
Stumbled across this lady getting her's back by free climbing up a cliff of a island. Personally, I may have let this one go (not much of a climber) lol.

What have you done to get a drone back?
Absolutely amazing. Koodos to her. She has more nerve than I do as I would not venture into unknown territories not knowing what's ahead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Definitely not for the fainthearted or anyone not trained for mountain climbing especially without safety equipment.

The editing and choice of dramatic music etc makes me think is this a promotional video for @brookeonfoot!

First ..... Oh wow.
Second.... Nope.
Third..... Get another drone.

Was the Ao Nang? I go there a lot and fly my M2P. Girl, you are my hero! That climb in that hot weather, you are amazing! What an ordeal, but what a rush when you found it! I'm so happy for you! I'll check out some of your other vids. Safe flying!

Reactions: mrjohnc1
Definitely not for the fainthearted or anyone not trained for mountain climbing especially without safety equipment.

The editing and choice of dramatic music etc makes me think is this a promotional video for @brookeonfoot!
Promotional or not she kicked (mod Removed Langage)recovering her drone. What she did was life. Embrace it instead of questioning it you ole fart.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stumbled across this lady getting her's back by free climbing up a cliff of a island. Personally, I may have let this one go (not much of a climber) lol.

What have you done to get a drone back?
That was one of the most exciting videos I've seen on this forum. I really enjoyed it. It was wonderful that you thought to equip yourself with the necessary photo gear to do it. The only thing missing was the jump back into the sea. Of course you'd have needed some help to get that. Great job!

I would have left it there so that in a few thousand years archaeologists would find it and proclaim a ceremonial site.
Nice clip though showing greater determination than I'd put in.

That is exactly the problem with the DJI Refresh kit. I personally own the refresh in all my drones but I have the State Farm as well.

You can get them to insure your drone too? I had no idea. Good idea. Guess I need to make a call now.

I'm looking for some assistant and recovering my mavic Pro which I was using two days ago at kaaterskill Falls. I had to take off a vent I spent a couple hours looking for it at the bottom of the falls, coordinates of the video screen after I crashed I could see foliage so I know it didn't go in the water. I didn't know if there was anybody local that would be interested and searching for it I was just visiting for 2 days, and of course I would gladly offer reward for its return so I can send it to insurance.

Thanks,
Billy

I'm looking for some assistant and recovering my mavic Pro which I was using two days ago at kaaterskill Falls. I had to take off a vent I spent a couple hours looking for it at the bottom of the falls, coordinates of the video screen after I crashed I could see foliage so I know it didn't go in the water. I didn't know if there was anybody local that would be interested and searching for it I was just visiting for 2 days, and of course I would gladly offer reward for its return so I can send it to insurance.

Thanks,
Billy
Welcome to the forum.
Make a thread here.Lost & Found Mavics
We try and stay on topic here instead of jumping in another's thread. Thumbswayup

Reactions: Thomas B
if this is near krabi, or railay beach in thailand, i've climbed there a bunch! spectacular bolted routes on limestone. the holds are solid, all finger pockets and so fun!! but yeah, that stone has a lot of sharp edges and the rock can be super flakey. glad she is ok! but a couple of issues...why did the guy in the kayak not offer to go for her? had it been my gf/wife, i would definitely have offered to go! there are so many critters out there in the wild, when climbing. especially, in thailand. need be very careful! and second, did she have a 'dry bag' for the drone when she jumped into water??

As I think about the reason for the crash, assuming it just got too close to whatever the sensors couldn't see, it occurred to me that we are (at least I am) so focused on flying VLOS that we/I don't get fully practiced in FPV and the spacial analysis that is required when flying close to object, even if the drone is still within VLOS. I think I just need to go somewhere isolated and practice flying with my head tucked inside my Vindibox. I get totally freaked out when I can really see where my drones are or headed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929