DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you go through to recover your drone?

I never want to have to do any kind of search... let alone one like that. I wonder what happened to make the drone crash there?

I never want to have to do any kind of search... let alone one like that. I wonder what happened to make the drone crash there?
in the video you see the crash for a second, pretty sure all of our nemeses got it.. tree branches and being too close.

Last edited:
I rather insure the drone with State Farm and made a claim. There are so many things can go wrong. I does not worth it. That girl is so brave and have more guts than most men.

Wow!!! I get searching to find it but climbing all the way up there. Yeah forget that. Props to her that she actually found it so it wasn’t all wasted. I feel bad for the person waiting in that kayak all that time. Nice find

Reactions: mrjohnc1
I rather insure the drone with State Farm and made a claim. There are so many things can go wrong. I does not worth it. That girl is so brave and have more guts than most men.
You know, while I have Care/refresh, perhaps I should double down with State Farm, at least with my M2. A crash without a recovery at this point would be a total loss.

That is exactly the problem with the DJI Refresh kit. I personally own the refresh in all my drones but I have the State Farm as well.

That climb looks more psychologically daunting than technically difficult--there are tons of good hand and footholds along the route, if one has the training and experience to use them safely. Some of this lady's climbing moves suggest she has such knowledge. What concerns me is that she didn't take any water. THAT was a risk.

I feel her pain when she's searching atop the rock and "Find my drone" has her location bouncing all over. This happened to me once, causing hours of fruitless searching in thick briars. Much more effective was offloading the flight data and using it to locate the drone on Google. Perhaps this wasn't an option for this traveling vlogger.

She covered the down-climb only briefly, but down-climbs are notoriously more dangerous than up-climbs, partly due to fatigue and potential dehydration. In her shoes, I'd have taken a climbing rope along, even if I had to buy one for the purpose. Then for the down-climb, loop it around a well-anchored trunk, use a double-rope descent technique, then pull one end of the rope to retrieve it.

Every time I fly, I have the nagging feeling that I may need my climbing equipment to rescue the drone from some graspy tree. I hope it never happens.

No, nope, not, never, forget about it.
“...and like a good neighbor, SF is there!”

What do you think, @Santoli ?

So how did she get the drone back to the Kayak without getting it wet ?
Hard to empathize with her , after all she's only crashed in paradise . Try searching thru drizzle soaked furze bushes on top of some freezing god forsaken hill side in the middle of February.

She did get wet, she jumped off into the water

Reactions: Galeforce1
Ahhhh no. Just no. Nice knowing you drone.

Stumbled across this lady getting her's back by free climbing up a cliff of a island. Personally, I may have let this one go (not much of a climber) lol.

What have you done to get a drone back?

I seriously question the “if I fall at least I won’t die.” I’d be more like”I might bounce off the rock and belly flop from 100 feet .”

State Farm for me.

And BTW, Great find on the video (pun intended). You Tube of course directed me to a few others of hers. She looks to be a pretty good aerial cinematographer, and very fit, with impeccable taste in swim wear.

I wouldn't have lost 2 seconds even thinking about recovering it. I'd blow the drone a kiss, take my loss, and say "bye=bye".

She needs to apply to one of the "Survivor" series type of TV shows. She's GOOD!

Reverse engineered?? oh..how could I be so cynical..I'm ashamed of myself.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998