DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you like to see in Mavic 2?

Option to Auto record video on take off with a 1 s "before" buffer.

Same camera sensor as P4P. Perhaps w/o the mechanical shutter.

Record video from obstacle sensors (1 camera of each pair) when obstacle detected. 480i at 20 fps would be enough.

Fix gimbal level issue (Phantom too). This should be retro fittable s/w.
Integrated ND filters. (0, 2, 4, 6 stops).
Or at least a better means to mount filters.
Round arms.
Rear camera obstacle sensors.
Side sensors (maybe)
Top side ultrasonic sensors.

Power bird by cable during f/w updates or other ground maintenance tasks.

Better GPS receiver
  • For a drone in flight in uncluttered conditions, there is no reason at all for a GPS to lose track other than a very intense solar event or deliberate (illegal or military) jamming. The current GPS' are for mobile applications (phones and so on) and are over-sensitive. This results in the GPS jamming on all sorts of spurious interference.
  • Or DJI just have poor communication integration with the GPS and that needs to be fixed.

Better navigation system integration.
  • Use the baro to x-check the ultrasonic
  • Use GPS as alternate heading source (needs movement to determine track) when the compasses are wonky or failing.
    • Use same to attempt in flight calibration of the compass if needed
  • Use IMU as short term INS positioning system when GPS loses lock (this would be effective for about 1-2 minutes with these cheap IMU's but could prevent fly-aways in strong wind conditions). Automatically enter RTH for this mode and maintain IMU heading after the INS mode times out (2 minutes). This could get the bird back into visual range for an ATTI mode landing or dedreckon pretty close to the home point. Needs wind-speed estimator (before the GPS fails) to improve DR track and distance.
    • Resets the GPS during this mode.
  • Airspeed and wind estimator. For a stock bird there is a power to airspeed correlation. So for a given power setting and ground speed, airspeed and wind are trivially calculated.
    • Supports the INS mode too by giving an estimate of wind speed before a GPS failure.
Pre-flight Lat/Long/Height based waypoint mission planning.

Power consumption in Si units. (ie Watts meter) in DJI app.

Heading/Speed hold. (hands off stick).

Accessory attachments near CofG and an integrated cargo hook and release. Move the VPS cameras out onto the arms and the ultrasonics fore and aft.

Proper Red/Green/White navigation lights with a very bright day "strobe".

Inverted flight mode. Could make cloud videos when the weather is interesting. (in the app hit "invert" or "revert") - automatically rolls inverted or upright. Controls are automatically crossed over to make this easy to fly while inverted.

I have already fixed Dji Go on Android, just get the 4.0.7 version

I hopefully will get time to test the new version tomorrow, but the new update is still getting a majority of 1 star reviews on the Play store...

I have to have a laugh at all the requests for OA, do you guys lack a bit of situational awareness or you flying well beyond LOS?

Camera from the P4P
Optical zoom

As for as better GPS? I don't get less than 17 satellites at any one time, what are you doing wrong? Do you have a wrap?

There is already a battery lock @EarlieP ?

Camera with adjustable aperture. And the ability to do all of my fine tuning within the app without having to connect up to the Mavic, although I guess this could be fixed with the current app/Mavic.

Reactions: NaiveFlight
Gimbal that doesn't tilt horribly in windy conditions, i.e., corrects for it by taking into account the wind speed (which the drone automatically infers from relative rotor speeds anyway) or the tilt of the drone.

• ADS-B
  • 360 OA
  • Dual view like the inspire, with the two front facing cameras giving real 3D view an a PIP of the gimbal mounted camera

Better gimbal that doesn't break so easily. A gimbal camera module that can plug into the drone body for easy replacement by the owner if it does break. They did a good job on the props and battery swapping. If the Gimbal is so fragile, that needs to be a plug-in replacement too.

A way to mount optional 3rd party light weight cameras like the small 360 VR cameras. Then publish a list of dji approved cameras that work.

More sensors all around, better battery life, and water resistant. I wont ask for much more then that.

keep the price around the same.

1. Gimbal that corrects horizon tilt for wind and other issues. Even on my 3rd Mavic, I have to adjust the tilt at every flight because it's slanted in random directions about 20 degrees. Returned two mavics because of it.
2. Ability to take photos while taking video
3. Ability to offload files from drone via fast UCB-C connection, without need to remove the SD card.

*ADS-B receiver and aircraft display on map, warnings with telemetry displayed in GO4
*6-axis OA with cameras all-around (no IR crap)
*Steadycam mode -- everything powered off except the gimbal and image processing core, for use as a steadycam on the ground

Reactions: Mavman
What I would like more than more OA sensors is rear facing wide angle camera that shows up in a small window like the map. This would basically serve as a rear view mirror for more situational awareness. This camera would be fixed and not meant for recording similar to the Inspire 2s pilot camera.

A true ATTI mode as well as a true MANUAL mode like used to exist on the P1.

More robust gimbal and camera thats not prone to the water color affect. It would be nice to have the ability electronically lock the gimbal in place for FPV flying.

Customizeable flight mode banks with at minimum of two banks.

Access to remove/insert battery and SD card without the need to unfold any of the arms.

The option for a higher end and more traditional remote. The sticks on the current remote are just not very precise compared to even the Phantom/Inspire remotes and the ergonomics are better on those too. I like the small remote for when portability but many times i'd prefer a "real" RC remote. Too bad the new Cadence controller is not compatible with Occusync.

Full customization of OSD and ability to swap between custom and full OSD modes any of the assignable buttons.

Last edited:
Something simple like a physical lock on the battery and a software change that would allow automated slow panning/turning...
Haven't tried Tripod Mode? Have you played with the Cinematic mode settings?

I can do amazing constant, slow-speed pans in Tripod Mode. Also, make sure you have the EXP on yaw set as low as possible -- 0.20 -- to give you fine speed control near center-stick.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead