DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you like to see in Mavic 2?

As for as better GPS? I don't get less than 17 satellites at any one time, what are you doing wrong? Do you have a wrap?

There is already a battery lock @EarlieP ?

The GPS issues are not about a "wrap" (skin), but a GPS designed for poor signal quality and is therefore over-sensitive when the MP (and other DJI drones) is in ideal GPS conditions. As such even "good" GPS signals may be swamping it, as well as other interference or noise.

People have reported a high number of sats with the machines forced to ATTI mode in some cases.

Spring loaded clips are not locks. A lock would be a lever that would lock into position to prevent the battery from moving at all. Or a pin running through part of the battery and itself locked on the far side. Further: No pin, no power.

Reactions: dwallersv
Wow.... I burned through these posts quickly and I didn't see the one issue I have with the Mavic. Every time I show the Mavic to someone, they always ask the same question: "will it follow you?" The answer is, "technically, yes... but not really". A usable follow me mode that functions with a phone only would be great for people who mountain bike, road bike, run, etc. The current following modes are all but useless.

Reactions: NaiveFlight
The ability to exit auto landing when battery is less than 10%. There have been times 10% was more than enough battery to get me where I wanted to land without constantly fighting the auto landing. Also shut off low battery warning alarm. Sometimes I'm flying 10' from myself and 5' off the ground and I don't need the constant low battery warning going off for 10 minutes. Knock on wood, I haven't experienced the fragile gimbal but I certainly see where it could be an issue. I also see the low landing gear issue, but I'm sure that is an intentional design feature to keep it compact. I'm sure they could incorporate some sort of retractable landing gear to both aid in elevating the Mavic off the ground and still retain the compact design.

I really think the two most important things are ability to take photos during video and a larger higher Mpix sensor to take in more light while offering more resolution.

Reactions: Mavman
What about something like this??

For the ones complaining about the camera

View attachment 18023

Naaa.. The jib is totally overkill. The camera loaded with 800ASA film and integrated ND filter selector would be welcome though. Preferably, 5min+ film role. Something lower would be incredible irritating and totally pre 2010’ish. It should also come with a free film scan licence that guaranties 1 week delivery time for your footage. Than everyone would be happy :)

Reactions: stratos
I would like to see 360 OA and OA on the top side too when ascending.

I would also like to water resistance with an actual IPX rating. Anything to withstand rain and water splashing will suffice.

My same wishes!

Reactions: topdetop
Top 7 things publicly demanded by everyone (believe me - everyone request them, hugely)
  • Point Defense Turrets for aerial encounters (birds)
  • Silent Running (for those covert shots of high angle , high altitude panoramic shots, so we dont disturb the 1 Decibel created from flying at 50 meters)
  • 360 Smart obstacle sensors (for the ones that love to crash while flying indoors in a 1 square meter rooms)
  • Thermonuclear battery (so we dont have to mount cables and bricks on around our mavic for flight time of 999 years)
  • Adapt Optics and hud screen (for those days in which its so **** bright and its when too **** hard to walk 3 steps to the closest tree shadow or similar)
  • IMAX dual 4K camera, 200MBps , 160 fps (for the ones that want to see individual leaves from the trees from 1000 meters away )
  • Arecibo boosted Antena for our controllers ( for the ones that want to fly to another country from their basement, specially useful if you live in Hawaii or other colonized island)

An intelligent "hard deck" mode to set a minimum flight altitude while in said mode.

Top 7 things publicly demanded by everyone (believe me - everyone request them, hugely)
  • Point Defense Turrets for aerial encounters (birds)
  • Silent Running (for those covert shots of high angle , high altitude panoramic shots, so we dont disturb the 1 Decibel created from flying at 50 meters)
  • 360 Smart obstacle sensors (for the ones that love to crash while flying indoors in a 1 square meter rooms)
  • Thermonuclear battery (so we dont have to mount cables and bricks on around our mavic for flight time of 999 years)
  • Adapt Optics and hud screen (for those days in which its so **** bright and its when too **** hard to walk 3 steps to the closest tree shadow or similar)
  • IMAX dual 4K camera, 200MBps , 160 fps (for the ones that want to see individual leaves from the trees from 1000 meters away )
  • Arecibo boosted Antena for our controllers ( for the ones that want to fly to another country from their basement, specially useful if you live in Hawaii or other colonized island)

Stratos, you're a synic. BTW, I tried ordering hard points for mounting Sidewinder missiles, but the shop said I'd need a bigger drone. What do they know?

Reactions: stratos
Integrated RC with display. A stand alone unit that's not reliant on phone or internet connectivity. Also a camera on par with Phantom 4. I'd gladly throw money at DJI.

How about a small internal battery for flight record/find my drone when battery fails/ejects/dies

Reactions: Mavman
1 Better QC from the start. We've heard more than enough Mavic horror stories last year.
2 Better Camera of course.
3 Longer Flight time. Even a 5 min increase is impressive.
4 Modding, like better batteries and blades

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev