DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's a Mavic 3 body only worth?

DefCon65

Reactions
I have an almost new Mavic 3 Origianl series (bought it a year ago but health reasons kept me from using it) and now just bought the Mavic 3 Pro. I'm thinking of keeping the batteries, charger (I like the travel size of the 65W and keep the 100W at home), etc. and just sell the body but I haven't decided yet. I have the entire kit for sale but now I'm second guessing, six batteries and the 65W would be great to keep.

The thing is I don't know what just the body and controller would be worth. Would it be worth $8-900?

Check eBay listings to get a ball park idea. 🤔

Reactions: michaeldallen1
Reactions: michaeldallen1
The Price for one from CAMRISE (DJI New York) is 1000. So you are safe at about 8 or 9 Body only.
I would think it would sell fairly easily for that price range.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I have an almost new Mavic 3 Origianl series (bought it a year ago but health reasons kept me from using it) and now just bought the Mavic 3 Pro. I'm thinking of keeping the batteries, charger (I like the travel size of the 65W and keep the 100W at home), etc. and just sell the body but I haven't decided yet. I have the entire kit for sale but now I'm second guessing, six batteries and the 65W would be great to keep.

The thing is I don't know what just the body and controller would be worth. Would it be worth $8-900?
If it hasn't already been updated to broadcast RID FW, it can be sold at premium to those who are looking for the best DJI drone which doesn’t already have RID installed from the factory! The buyer can always add an RID module for compliance, once it becomes required, in say 6 months (FAA is granting relief from the September 16th compliance deadline). Unlike the factory RID, the RID modules are not required to update the location of the pilot after launch, so you can evade Karens by launching and leaving!

I thought the M3 had RID built in from the start- even though RID wasn't officially needed at the time.

I thought the M3 had RID built in from the start- even though RID wasn't officially needed at the time.
Per the Mavic 3 release notes, RID support was added in the firmware update released on 11/2/2022. The first firmware update was on 11/5/2021.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Per the Mavic 3 release notes, RID support was added in the firmware update released on 11/2/2022. The first firmware update was on 11/5/2021.
Correct. A full year of Mavic 3's were manufactured by DJI without any RID.

The same no RID from the factory existed on the Mini 3 Pro, where RID "support" (aka RID cram-down!) was irreversibly added on October 26, 2022, despite the fact that the sub 250g drone, used recreationally with the stock battery, is fully exempt from all FAA registration and RID! All Mini 3 Pro drones manufactured since then have unnecessary RID broadcast already irreversibly built in! First FW update after release was on May 17, 2022. Five months of Mini 3 Pro's were manufactured by DJI without any RID.

The un-updated original Mini 3 Pro's, without RID, manufactured prior to October 2022, are definitely worth a premium as well!

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2