DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Whats Really inside your Mavic Battery

I don't know the economics but with all of that circuitry in place in the battery compartment I would think DJI would offer some type of incentive to have you return dead batteries to them and have them replaced at a discounted price.

I don't know the economics but with all of that circuitry in place in the battery compartment I would think DJI would offer some type of incentive to have you return dead batteries to them and have them replaced at a discounted price.
I can’t see that working. They would need to return the battery to one of three (perhaps more) suppliers (DJI does not manufacture the batteries) for remanufacture. Have you ever tried to disassemble one of the recent batteries? They aren’t designed for pulling apart without significant effort and even then it’s almost impossible not to butcher something. Reworking electronics is almost without exception a more labour intensive proposition than original manufacture and required more skill. The QA process would need more attention, reliability would be suspect etc etc.

And let’s not forget if you need a new battery you need one and DJI is very much aware of that fact.

For safety reasons they don't want them back, not even as a warranty issue.
That’s the official position or your assumption? No issue with opinions and assumptions, obviously- where things get tricky is when people read something as fact.... When it often isn’t.

That’s the official position or your assumption? No issue with opinions and assumptions, obviously- where things get tricky is when people read something as fact.... When it often isn’t.
Well, when one finally convinces DJI to replace a swollen battery and they say to send a video proving destruction of swollen battery, including dunking in salt water, that convinces me. I believe the poster even used the words to the effect "... because it would be a safety risk"

And it would be. Nicads, no problem. LiPos in mail, especially bad ones, potential problem, and not just for DJI batteries.

Reactions: kidroc
Well, when one finally convinces DJI to replace a swollen battery and they say to send a video proving destruction of swollen battery, including dunking in salt water, that convinces me. I believe the poster even used the words to the effect "... because it would be a safety risk"

And it would be. Nicads, no problem. LiPos in mail, especially bad ones, potential problem, and not just for DJI batteries.
Agree!! Plus DJI buys such a volume of chips it's cheap as hell for them to make a new PCB for all the different batteries shapes and sizes.

Agree!! Plus DJI buys such a volume of chips it's cheap as hell for them to make a new PCB for all the different batteries shapes and sizes.
And even cheaper for the entities that actually make the batteries for DJI that use the core components in other products also.

Ever wonderd whats inside your Mavic Battery and why its so expensive, well here are some inside pics ive taken of one just so you can see the 3 cells connected to the Ballance Board and the smart charge Board and circuit chips on top that take care of everything from charging to discharge to number of cycles and health state of each cell.
318cdaccb0a5a91b221170c026077f2f.jpg
eb9e694438de5cc0e748b983ca83350e.jpg
b00216b15a004f19c437dc9d887cf94f.jpg

This is exactly why the batteries our so susceptible to moisture , snow , rain. and why these batteries can be bricked when just rinsing them under water for a few minutes.

That power button is and open high way for moisture to get in and do some damage that is not reversible.

Thus you really want to protect those batteries , The Mavic Wet Suit come with 3 Battery Covers and 3 Power Button seals to protect those batteries for Forum members only.
Battery swelling is also a component of protecting your batteries from harm.

Just email if interested :
[email protected]

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in and out of the storm.
Coal

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sikiruikhun