DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When do you replace your blades?

ddodell

Reactions
New pilot ... when do you replace your blades?

(1) Obvious damage, or nicking to the blades ... or any other abnormalities ... this is pretty straight forward.

(2) Do you replace them after a certain number of hours of flying? I'm assuming the blades are under a tremendous amount of stress, and will have a certain wear factor. I've looked in my logs and have a total of 2.5 hours of flying time ... do you replace them at a certain number of hours to be safe?

Thanks

David

when they are nicked or worse. When they seem to cause the Mavic to fly erratic or not as usual. I always have a spare set of blades. Don't want to find a damaged blade and they have to wait days for a replacement to come.

Reactions: pixl
My guess is that obvious damage would well proceed any structural / material failure of the blades. Just check every flight, replace as required.

Reactions: henry3063
New pilot ... when do you replace your blades?

(1) Obvious damage, or nicking to the blades ... or any other abnormalities ... this is pretty straight forward.

(2) Do you replace them after a certain number of hours of flying? I'm assuming the blades are under a tremendous amount of stress, and will have a certain wear factor. I've looked in my logs and have a total of 2.5 hours of flying time ... do you replace them at a certain number of hours to be safe?

Thanks

David
I replaced mine after about 20 hours, but that was just for my own comfort. I do swap front to rear every 5 hours as I noted the rear seem to get more work and the blade hinges become seeker, so evens out the wear.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
Thirty hours on my original set. No discernable wear or abnormalities.

I watch them closely.

You replace them when DJI is releasing a platinum version :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BTCPhotoguy