DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When does the nervousness wear off

I've taken to using a piece of plywood (below) as a landing pad.

Darn genius! I was using a floor mat from my vehicle...debating what landing pad to purchase. Couldn't find a doormat I liked. The foldable spring-steel ones on the market now are nice, but I'm looking for heavier weight, so I don't have to stake 'em down. Plywood will work fine when portablility doesn't matter. Thanks for the idea :cool:

I've had mine about a month now.
Every time I fly it I expect someone to show up and yell at me. That's my nervousness... I'm confident in the Mavic, I'm cognizent of the flight rules, and I have mostly flown in wide open terrain away from people.
Still...every time I am done flying, when I land it my hands are shaking with nerves from excitement and fear. Then I pack up quickly and walk away feeling like I just got away with something.

does anybody still get THAT nervousness? :D
I know and share you're pain. Some people really think I'm going to spy on them!

never goes away but I immediately flip to sports mode and crank it off! I'd rather burnout than fade away!:mad: that did have the bird crash at about 40mph but I refreshed and got her back! Fly it!

Just done first flight outside of my garden,. My brand new Mavic Air and what a great experience. Never let it out of my sight but got used to trusting the readings as sometimes when manoeuvring or bringing it back it doesn't appear to be moving (eyes playing tricks) but of course it is. At first manual landing and then auto RTH. It was a great feeling but takes ages and your not really sure where its going to land but it does it perfectly. What a great piece of engineering this thing is. Just think of all the different technologies you are being able to take of advantage of.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.