DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When is there a new firmware due for the Pro?

mrobers

Reactions
I was curious how often firmwares were released for the Mavic Pro. I have one now for about 3 months but havent seen any new updates?

I'm very glad DJI is focussed on the Mavic Air. Having constant updates for our Pro's is a PITA.
The Pro is considered mature now it seems. And if the FW would never be updated again I'm happy.
As long as they stop messing with GO4 and 3 as well and leave us in peace from now on.
Well, let's say I have a dream...not happening.

I feel some ‘frustration’ :) Is that based on prior problems with firmware updates?

I hope new firmware also brings new features. Or is that bound to the Go4 app itself?

I feel some ‘frustration’ :) Is that based on prior problems with firmware updates?

I hope new firmware also brings new features. Or is that bound to the Go4 app itself?
Well, mostly on new features that I didn't need or even would care about, limiting savvy users in favour of protecting noobs, or boosting sales during the product lifecycle with fancy new selfie modes, and resetting all my custom settings every time, not trusting my bird until proven in test flights, after every update. It's been a ride. Be very glad to have a Pro at this point in time. It has all the features you would want now. And currently it's stable and good from my perspective. It's a truly great, well.... the best, foldable drone. And at this moment it is on its peak of evolution with the toothaches gone.

The poor Mavic Air users are just in for a long period of constant updates and the dreaded 'should I update or not' question, almost weekly. Until DJI start focussing on the Air2.

Go4 remains a PITA. It usually resets my custom settings. And you never know what things DJI changes in the layout, some on screen knobs or menu choices suddenly appear or disappear or get renamed, repositioned etc.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura