DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When my Samsung Galaxy S9 Smart Phone is connected to my Mavic Air remote controller the screen is upside down.

does the screen rotate if you turn the phone sideways if not you need to change it in settings otherwise you could always stand on your head it would be the right way round then

Thanks for the intelligent answers. (wonder if I came to the right place for help ? Or is this just a place for smart mouthing ?)

Last edited:
Thanks for the intelligent answers. (wonder if I came to the right place for help ? Or is this just a place for smart mouthing ?)
Post #3 is an intelligent answer.
Without knowing that your phone settings allow screen rotation, no-one can give you any better advice.
So is your phone's screen rotation locked or does the screen image changeto face up when you rotate the phone?

Reactions: old man mavic
Post #3 is an intelligent answer.
Without knowing that your phone settings allow screen rotation, no-one can give you any better advice.
So is your phone's screen rotation locked or does the screen image changeto face up when you rotate the phone?
Only rotates to portrait or landscape. Got an intelligent answer from BB. Thanks anyway.

If you have not tried to connect a Samsung S9 to a mavic air remote. there is no reason for you to attempt to answer my question.
Sorry I bothered to try helping you.
Or is knowing who BB is more important ?
The identity of the mysterious BB is not at all important.
But showing the solution to the issue could be helpful to other forum members.

Sorry I bothered to try helping you.

The identity of the mysterious BB is not at all important.
But showing the solution to the issue could be helpful to other forum members.
First 2 answers I got seemed to set the stage for what kind of people I was talking with. Not good. I explained the problem the best I could and got what I feel were wise cracks. I believe I made a big mistake joining this website. It may seem Best Buy answers questions more professionally.

First 2 answers I got seemed to set the stage for what kind of people I was talking with. Not good. I explained the problem the best I could and got what I feel were wise cracks. I believe I made a big mistake joining this website. It may seem Best Buy answers questions more professionally.
As I mentioned earlier, the second answer made perfect sense.
The most obvious explanation for what you reported was that you had screen rotation disabled.
And if that wasn't the case, we're still none the wiser about what the solution was.

I suspect we'll never find out as you don't seem to understand how forums work to help everyone increase their understanding by sharing information.

This also happens to me from time to time with rotation lock disabled (2016 Pixel). It is annoying. I rotate the phone a few times and that usually fixes it. But there have been a few times where I had to close the GO4 app and launch it again.

I know often when the app starts, the splash screen is upside down but usually it corrects itself shortly before the splash screen goes away.

Reactions: Robzilla
sorry if my attempt at a bit of humour offended you,

does the screen rotate if you turn the phone sideways if not you need to change it in settings otherwise you could always stand on your head it would be the right way round then
Why a Samsung? I tried my Air using an LG phone - no good. Manufacturer highly suggests only using iPhones or tablets. Android systems too unstable for these drones, no matter what others may say.

I use my wife’s LG 30+. It’s upside down as well. Rotating it straight up corrects for me.

Why a Samsung? I tried my Air using an LG phone - no good. Manufacturer highly suggests only using iPhones or tablets. Android systems too unstable for these drones, no matter what others may say.
I have used both on my Air. The only reason I got an iPad Mini4 was cause my eyes found my S8 too small to really see the app's settings clearly. That the Mini fits the controller perfectly without the need for an adapter was icing on the cake.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo