DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When prepping to sell?

SHRED

Reactions
As I prepare my M2Pro for sale I should include the flight hours obviously.

Any other preparations?
Do I need to unregister it on my DJI account?

What about my FAA numbers and registration?

Thanks

remove any numbers relating to your FAA registration ,and also remove the SD card as well
once the new owner has the app installed in their device and switches on the drone, then they will have to go through the same process as if the drone was brand new ,and link it to their E Mail account , you will still be able to see your flight records in your app ,but the new owner will only see any flights that they do once they have the drone linked to them

remove any numbers relating to your FAA registration ,and also remove the SD card as well
once the new owner has the app installed in their device and switches on the drone, then they will have to go through the same process as if the drone was brand new ,and link it to their E Mail account , you will still be able to see your flight records in your app ,but the new owner will only see any flights that they do once they have the drone linked to them
So no need to use DJI Assistant and "Restore to factory defaults"?

Reactions: old man mavic
no not unless you really want to

It's the FAA license transferable?
If it's a recreational number, the number applies to you. If you are a Part 107 pilot, then all of your aircraft have unique numbers that only apply to that serial number. The only exception MAY be if you get a replacement with a different serial number but I'm still not completely sure if that's transferrable or you just pay the $5 and get a new number.

Reactions: SHRED
You’re required to unregister with FAA:

Unbind the drone from your DJI account, so the new owner can bind it to theirs. It may fly for them while bound to your account, but if not unbound by you and then bound to their account they won’t get flight info archived, and may not be able to change controllers, buy care refresh, etc.

You’re required to unregister with FAA:

Unbind the drone from your DJI account, so the new owner can bind it to theirs. It may fly for them while bound to your account, but if not unbound by you and then bound to their account they won’t get flight info archived, and may not be able to change controllers, buy care refresh, etc.
So do that through DJI Assistant I assume?

So do that through DJI Assistant I assume?
The seller can do this using the controller. Details in the linked post on the DJI forum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat