DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When returning a Mavic 2 Pro to DJI what should I do?

RawRock

Reactions
Apparently I have a Lemon with my Mavic 2 Pro, and I need to return it for a new one. Should I use my DJI Refresh since it’s only 5 weeks old and I have spent that 5 weeks trouble shooting the drone trying to figure out what was going on with it... Or is this something I can return for a new one without using my refresh? Also, how can I make sure I get a new one and not a attempt to fix this one? The pictures below have the post of all the problems explained, and the response with someone telling me what I have already been thinking-I have a lemon. I don’t want this drone back since it’s having this many different problems... So how would I proceed on this?
Thanks,
Steven Neace II

Attachments

• 17A511D3-BBE6-44DE-942F-0BBBDA433DC4.png
    17A511D3-BBE6-44DE-942F-0BBBDA433DC4.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 14
  • 94A543F1-507B-4A56-97EE-E87292937D47.png
    94A543F1-507B-4A56-97EE-E87292937D47.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
This is something that comes up regularly in the PC magazine I subscribe to.
In the UK if it is defective you would return to the retailer you bought it from for a replacement as it is under warranty.
Once you miss out the retailer and go directly to the manufacturer you have effectively broken the contract with the retailer and they can then refuse to help.

Apparently I have a Lemon with my Mavic 2 Pro, and I need to return it for a new one. Should I use my DJI Refresh since it’s only 5 weeks old and I have spent that 5 weeks trouble shooting the drone trying to figure out what was going on with it... Or is this something I can return for a new one without using my refresh? Also, how can I make sure I get a new one and not a attempt to fix this one? The pictures below have the post of all the problems explained, and the response with someone telling me what I have already been thinking-I have a lemon. I don’t want this drone back since it’s having this many different problems... So how would I proceed on this?
Thanks,
Steven Neace II
As explained things work differently in the UK and we don't know your location. If US based, where did you get it? IF direct from DJI contact them and explain the situation and time frame. Explain that you have care refresh. Ask them how to handle the return/replacement and how to reset your care refresh for the new bird. :) I would not use Care Refresh it is a factory warranty problem. 99% of the time DJI will just send a new one, if not they will send one that is basicaclly new and you won't know the difference (in house Q/C). When you get your new one just insure that your serial doesn't start with a "R" which denotes refurb/repair...as at this juncture it is on them to give you a new one with the time frame and diagnostics involved IMHO.

I believe that no matter how you got it, a manufactures' factory defect should never require the use of your refresh.

Think of this: Even if you have no refresh, you should still have the right to return it in this case. Of course you may need to pay heed to certain return rules as mentioned above, but if done right, you do not have to "burn" one of the refreshes you paid extra for.

Chris

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7